Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DR123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DR123
Hi all I experienced a high fbg at 6.30 am it was 14 .1 ! I nearly fell off my chair !
Told my son when he came down at 8am and he looked it up on line apparently I was probably experiencing "dawn phenomenon " so I repeated my bg (I was slitting fasting)
And it had come down to 7.6 . So if you're up early and your fbg is higher than usual
It could be the cause , helpful advice given by dibetes UK !

Reactions: 11 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@DR123 - That's good that you are reading up and understanding these things. I wouldn't worry - did you know that when you worry it causes stress and stress releases Cortisol (hormone) into the blood which then elevates blood sugar.

Reactions: 2 people

DR123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Liam no I wasn't stressed when I took it but I am a newbie and will read and learn as much as I can to make my body good again, I've not been looking after myself for quite a few years now, and I look forward to everybody's advice thanks ☺

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Checked blood sugar level for the first this morning before breakfast and it was 10 last checked last night after meal it was 13.1 does not seem to have gone down much over night
Hi @fredjones1uk and welcome to the forum. A high reading first thing in the morning might be due to the 'Dawn Phenomenom' where your liver dumps stored glucose into your bloodstream to give you a boost when you wake.

Reactions: 8 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 at 7am, but it shot up to 10.5 an hour after my usual breakfast. I had a very broken night so that may be why? Dropped to 8.3 at 2 hours after breakfast. Was 6.2 just prior to lunch.

Reactions: 24 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Not a good day again, this throat virus along with recovering from eye op is keeping me at 10's from early morning through now to lunch time.

Reactions: 15 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Chilly day in Newcastle. Hate scraping frost off the car windscreen at stupid o'clock in the morning. BG 4.9 after a 5.4 at bedtime. Good health everyone.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 28 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
4.8 :) trying again, didn't work this morning. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 23 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
5.4 On this beautiful morning in Canberra another 30C today. Shouldn't have had those two glasses of red last night

Reactions: 24 people