Type one and depressed

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have put a post on here before and feeling low not just because of diabetes but just in general I start chatting to someone and then nothing!!! I know people are busy with life but that's why came off this site for a while cause don't get replies. Brought new weighing scales so everything now spot on levels still ****!!!!????

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Did you get scales that also got codes to convert to carbs?

Sorry you feeling down.

So if you are now weighing and calculating then it has to be insulin....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Have put a post on here before and feeling low not just because of diabetes but just in general I start chatting to someone and then nothing!!! I know people are busy with life but that's why came off this site for a while cause don't get replies. Brought new weighing scales so everything now spot on levels still ****!!!!????

Sorry your feeling down @Tylers73

Your last thread received 2 pages of replies so people are very understanding and can relate to what your going through, with regards to your bg levels start with some basal testing and work up from there. Best wishes.

Reactions: 4 people

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey. Emotions can have a massive effect on sugars so even if youre eating well your levels can still be skewed. Depression and low mood use up a lot of energy and if you are weepy with it this can raise your bg. If you feel youre eating well i would concentrate on trying to manage the low moods.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Great that you got the scales :cool: If you know you're counting your carbs ok and then your levels are still high, then I'd think your insulin might need adjusting. Is it the eating that pushes you up? That is, are you ok before the meal but then spike high after?

Regarding responses, please don't be down. People are kind here and will reply, but sometimes can't always reply straightaway.

I hope you're having a better week.

Take care X

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Hows things going??

Are you finding the scales handy? Don't think you will have to use them all the time. I confess I even weighed timatos, lettuce, peppers etc. then you get used to how many tomatos, 1/2 a pepper is.
I am so precise that I was OTT... And yes it can get you down. Most people don't weigh salad foods......that was me being overly tight on perfection. My scales for majority of time are in the cupboard now!!

Diabetes can make you feel different... Not the same as everybody else in your life... And the "why me's" can hit you at odd times!! I hope that you aren't feeling this way... But if you are... Then boy, you're not the only one that thinks like this...
I'm probably totally wrong, but just wanting you to know that we all understand and so wish you well....

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys for all your reply's. I have had no internet so have not been able to respond to anyone or just go on this site so frustrating but back now and breath

Reactions: 3 people