Weakish bladder

lynbrown

Possibly due to age (72) as well as having T2, I do go to the loo a lot, approx. every 90 mins, sometimes less,sometimes longer. I do not have to worry about laughing, coughing or trampolining ( !) - no leaks. I am female and had 3 children. I have tried training myself to wait but it is easy in the house where facilities are on hand, but it is when I am outside it is worse. I now restrict my travelling just in case. I have a fear of toilets in trains breaking down, which often happens, or being kept strapped in to an airplane seat - nightmares! Any wise words?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Trampolining :D

How is your diabetes control generally? The only time I was running to the loo was before diagnosis as my bg was high. Sorry, not very helpful.

Dark Horse

You should get checked out by your GP to make sure there isn't an underlying cause such as infection or bladder stones. If everything else is OK, you might have an "overactive bladder". Eliminating irritants such as caffeine may help along with pelvic floor exercises and bladder training. More details here:-http://patient.info/doctor/overactive-bladder

(I'm assuming you are not producing large quantities of urine with accompanying thirst which would suggest raised blood glucose.)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was about to ask the same -

Are you thirsty and drinking lots (which could well be caused by too high blood glucose)
or are you drinking normal amounts and widdling frequently and in small amounts (which sounds not directly diabetic related, but could be an infection or the overactive bladder @Dark Horse mentioned)

Either way, it sounds like your doctor is your first port of call.

Hope that helps. :)