Eyelea

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was hoping to see how @petdell was getting on with eyelea? Not many on this site having regular injections for DMO and other retinopathy related probs. I've had 15 Lucentis and started my first eyelea this month, it was a bit slow to burn, so to speak! Just wondering other's experiences? I know it is new but maybe others have had, I know this site reaches other parts! (of the world I mean!)

Reactions: 2 people

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @NinaB73. Re Eylea. I posted a few weeks ago asking same question after being moved on to eyelea after some 50+ plus jabs of lucentis, but had no replies. Looks like we're the only ones on this forum. I had my third injection last week, like you said very slow burn, in fact my sight seems to get worse before it gets better. Certainly no instant improvement like some of the lucentis. But slowly gradually it improves and when I go after a month it's still OK , so thinking do I really need another yet. I've got 2 more a month apart then every 2 months right through till next august. Stick with it. If you want to pm me please do.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
sorry no help on eyelea but have had lucentis ( did not help me) but just want to sort of send my standing on the sidelines support to you both.
will ask my consultant about eyelea my next appt in april.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@petdell I was wondering how you got on with Eylea long term? I see this thread is about 2 years old so thought you might have some experience to share. I am about to have my seventh Eylea injection and things seem to be going well so far. My eyesight has certainly improved and the thought of needles in eyes has become routine not something spooky.

Reactions: kaylz91