Tumeric & Ginger

gazebo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently started uisng Tumeric and Ginger infusion for rheumatoid arthritis and read that this can also help reduce blood sugar for type 2 diabetics who are NOT on medication. As I have only just started using it I do not know if it helps either the arthritis or the BS. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

gazebo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been drinking the tumeric and ginger infusion for 2 weeks now and my arthritis has improved but BS levels have gone a bit weird. Previously my fasting BS was around 5.5 and is now 6.5 but 2 hours after breakfast this goes down to 5.5. I will perservere for another couple of weeks as I have got used to the taste, you do need to put honey in it and I use a straw to drink it.

mallins

Tumeric has anti-cancer properties and ginger has anti inflammatory properties. I have oesteo-arthritis and I take this drink and it has helped me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been drinking the tumeric and ginger infusion for 2 weeks now and my arthritis has improved but BS levels have gone a bit weird. Previously my fasting BS was around 5.5 and is now 6.5 but 2 hours after breakfast this goes down to 5.5. I will perservere for another couple of weeks as I have got used to the taste, you do need to put honey in it and I use a straw to drink it.
The honey won't help your blood sugars much so you may well be undoing the good work of the tumeric and ginger by putting in the honey (82% carb).