Type 2 Life

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. well I survived my run. Albeit with legs that now feel like they were trampled by a herd of cattle! Going to be a 3 times a week job. Still, was nice to see a definate drop in BG's for the evening - didn't rise above 6.1 despite half a bag of peanut M&M's.
We've all must have a "vice"?
I have way too many Liam1955 - wine, chocolate, cigarettes - think the vice fairy just threw the lot at me ;)

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@LinsT - Hi:) - Wow! But you don't indulge all at once? I forgot to add that I like/enjoy Cadburys Chocolate (big) Buttons too. Enjoy the rest of today.:)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Anna did you read the thread on page 94? Ha Ha.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Right you! as we say in Scotland. I found it- you cheeky monkey, but have to admit it how very true :)

Reactions: 2 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My vice is crisps - hence my user name. I have never been interested in cakes, biscuits etc but show me a packet of Kettle Chips....

Husband and kids opened a family sized bag of crisps at lunchtime. I haven't had a single crisp for 6 weeks but did give in and eat 3. That was my limit, though, and I was then able to not put my hand in the packet again despite strong temptation to! It's very hard having teenagers in the house, as they are constantly ravenous and seem to make toast every 5 minutes. Grrrr

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's very hard having teenagers in the house,
I'm so with you on that one! I have 2 teenagers here constantly eating tempting things. But one of the worst for me is my son regularly makes himself hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and whipped cream. I have restrain myself from gnawing his hand off for it!

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@TooManyCrisps - When you say you had 3 = did you eat 3 BAGS?
I figured out that you must like crisps from your Avatar name. I'm using my real name (when I remember!) And I've changed my picture to one of myself, and I am noticing more and more people are putting "people pictures" on. I eat toast, I use brown Hovis Wheatgerm bread - you could try it out. Test before and then 2 hours later test again and see if? It has any effect. What is okay for 1 person - may have a different effect on another. But, it's about trial and error. William:)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know, @LinsT . I think my 17 year old son must have hollow legs. Yesterday after a large plate of curry and rice for dinner, he made himself a toasted sandwich as a snack. o_O
On a serious note, I do worry that if he ever stops playing sport he will become fat as he won't be able to burn it off.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
@LinsT and @TooManyCrisps agree x 1000! My son is 6 ft 3 and about 16 stone, all he ever eats is carbs! He is like me, we both have a savoury tooth instead of a sweet tooth but he goes to a drama group every week and burns it off

Reactions: 11 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Tobleralone can't resist it. My son bought me a large bar for Christmas had to hide it away but it appears to be shrinking over time somehow.

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes they do manage to burn it off don't they. My son eats like a horse and is shaped like a letter L. An elastic band has more meat on it. Unfortunately my daughter inherited my genes and always has to watch what she eats. Though it doesn't stop her guzzling chocolate on a w/e or drinking wine with her mates!

Reactions: 10 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
M&S do a bar of dark 80% choc called a Swiss Mountain Bar, which is a faux Toblerone and doesn't have a huge affect on my BG.

My memory of Toblerone is that they were always very sweet, even the dark choc variety.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't have either because of nut and milk allergy green and black's do a very nice 85% coco and Maya gold which is dark chocolate with orange pieces yummy

Reactions: 5 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know, @LinsT
On a serious note, I do worry that if he ever stops playing sport he will become fat as he won't be able to burn it off.

My eldest played County level Rugby and was part of the Newport Gwent Dragons academy at one stage. He stopped playing 18 months ago, as he couldn't continue at representative level due to knee and ankle injuries ( he refuses to play just for fun ) Now at 21 he still eats as if he is still playing, and the weight is starting to pile on.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weaknesses? Hmm . I love crisps, chips, naan, steak pie, hot pot, and I just have to look the other way. On Friday I did roast potatoes for the family and actually managed not to have any!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Weaknesses? Hmm . I love crisps, chips, naan, steak pie, hot pot, and I just have to look the other way. On Friday I did roast potatoes for the family and actually managed not to have any!
Well done I love roast potatoes and chips and crisps.
I have given up chips and crisps for lent. I am been sponsored to raise money for Lily foundation who help families with people suffering from Mitochondrial disease

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My partner has given up chips and chocolate for lent. I haven't given up a specific thing as I find low carb tricky enough but I haven't had chocolate since Christmas Day.

Reactions: 11 people