Need Help in American measurements

momof2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I'm a 41 year old female, mom of 2 that had Gestational dibetes 4 years ago and somehow I have never had a BS under 100. I was told and have been told that I was Pre diabetic for a couple years now. Now doctor may be looking into MODY? Would really like a comparison in numbers I can understand. My Endo yesterday wants to try Metformin ER instead of Metformin due to my gastro issues. Really bad stomach stuff going on.
My fasting Glucose on a decent diet is usually 107-114
A1C is usually 5.7
C Peptide taken was low but insulin was lower too
Even on Metformin!

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in the US like you are. Most of the numbers you see here are in mmol/l. We us mg/dl.

The easy conversion is to divide our readings by 18.

So your 100 mg/dl reading would convert to 5.56 mmol/L (100/18)

How low was your c-peptide and can you make sure to post the unit of measurement?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a whole load of various conversion tools here and a (rough guide) graph here on our main diabetes.co.uk site if you don't want to do the maths... :p

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

sud5nala

Hopefully, you can be tested for MODY 2. This is important, because MODY 2 is a benign, nonprogressive condition where the blood sugar doesn't rise over the years and the person don't develop diabetes complications. Short of the genetic test, here's something you can do. Measure BS at home in the hour or two after starting to eat. Do this several times. If the BS doesn't rise more than 20, 25 points, that is a good sign. People with good fasting BS, below 100, normally rise to 120-140. People with MODY 2 typically have a high fasting BS, but their post meal BS is in the same range as normal people's.

"never" had a BS below 100, does that include before the pregnancies?