Sulky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arsenal
Hi all.
After abit of advice.i use a nexus gluco Rx testing monitor. I tested myself today and I thought my reading was a little high at 9.so I immediately tested again and they came out at six. Has anyone else experienced this or is it my meter playing up.
Regards alan

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not unusual at all to see discrepancies in consecutive readings. Because there was a large discrepancy it is likely one of the strips was contaminated in some way, which is why it is essential to wash and dry your hands thoroughly before testing. Or one of the strips may have been defective. It happens. It is far more unusual to get 2 consecutive readings the same. If that happens again, do a 3rd test which may confirm one or the other. If it's somewhere in the middle, average all 3. It's all you can do.

Reactions: 2 people

Sulky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arsenal
Thank you .dont really wash hands before testing but will do in future.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you .dont really wash hands before testing but will do in future.

That will be the reason. It is essential to wash with soap and warm water, and dry thoroughly before touching a strip. Any traces of food on your fingers will alter the result, as will sweat, saliva, dust, general dirt from touching other things.