Cupboard Clearout

LittleG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I had a kitchen cupboard clear out of all the stuff I can't or won't eat anymore. It was all stuff that no one else in the house will eat.
There was 4 large 'bag for life' sized bags. I swear to God and Elvis I was one exotic sauce away from appearing on a Channel 5 documentary about Sauce Hoarders. The amount of out of date items was also extreme.
Cleared the decks though, all good. Hurrah!

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Feel free to come and clean out my cupboards any time you like :D

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've done that too. Didn't have many out of date stuff tho. A huge abundance of different types of pasta.
Ended up with 3 large boxes full of stuff which were gratefully received by a non diabetic friend.

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First thing I did when diagnosed. Put them in a awkward place though. My OH occasionally asks me 'where did you hide the naughty stuff', last time it was his ginger jam.

I don't see this stuff and thankfully don't think of the lush food in the forbidden cupboard!

Reactions: 2 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep I have a cupboard I never go into which houses the husbands crisp and chocolate biscuit stash

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 5 people

LittleG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First thing I did when diagnosed. Put them in a awkward place though. My OH occasionally asks me 'where did you hide the naughty stuff', last time it was his ginger jam.

I don't see this stuff and thankfully don't think of the lush food in the forbidden cupboard!

MMMMMMMMMMMM ginger jam. *ginger jam drool face*

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
MMMMMMMMMMMM ginger jam. *ginger jam drool face*
Lol the theatre where I volunteer sells ginger ice cream during the interval. Everyone goes mad for it!