How much weight have YOU lost?

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi:). Have only got to lose another 10lbs and I am going to stick at 12 stone. Was asked to lose 2 stone by the Diabetic Consultant and I am almost there? - William.
HI liam 1955 Good for you well done, bet you feel a lot better for it.:happy::happy:

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Till I was 50 years old I did not weigh more than 50 kg. Then the Menopause and started piling on weight. Diagnosed Type 2 diabetic about 12 years back and put on Metformin, Then gradually other drugs.About 4 years back started on Victozia. I had been Yo yo Dieting for the last 10 years. About 3years back I did the Dukan Diet and the weight came to 74 kg from about 83 kg. In January 2015 my EGFR was 55 and Victozia was stopped and I was put on Glicazide. My Hb a1C was more less ok most of the time. I was managing with drugs without any dietary changes. I am really ashamed about this. Glicazide made me hungry all the time. My exercise pattern was also like the yo yo dieting very irregular. I found this forum last October and and read lot poster and started on LCHF. My weightt came down from 83 kg to 78 kg. During christmas time I had a break for one day only.but did not overeat.
Weight stayed at 78, By the end of December I weighed 77.6 kg. I continued with lchf and exercise off and on and lost another kg by about Mid January to 76.7 kg. Since that I am not loosing any weight. In January I started on the induction phase of New Atkins and stopped eating nuts too but ate full fat Greek Yogurt. I am on about 20grammes of carbs and roughly about 1000 Calories. per day . Started on intermittent Fasting from last weekend. Still no further weight loss
My blood glucose ranges between 5 to 7 fasting and 6-10 2 hrs after meals.At the beginning of the week for one moment of weakness I ate some sweets. That was when bg went up to 10 2hrs after. I am not loosing any weight now even with LCHF and IF, weight range between 76.2 and 76.7 and not dropping below 76.2. My ideal weight should be 60KG, So I need to loose another 16,7 KG, I don't know whether my metabolism has gone into thrifty mode. According Diet doctor and Dr Jason Fung this does not happen,
I am quite dissapointed about my weight loss.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed around 6 weeks ago at around 80kgs, today I weighed in at 73.3kgs. Feeling so good for the weight loss - I put it all down to LCHF diet and upping my exercise to 4 or 5 times a week. Diabetes is a drag, if I can be trimmer and feel better as a consequence though I'll take that!

Reactions: 5 people

joe-90

I've lost around 17 kilos in about 11 weeks. It's all thanks to Metformin. From the day I started on it I lost all interest in sweet food and high carb pastry etc. I live on Greek salad these days. Gone up four notches on my belt and from 40 inch waist to 36.
HbA1c was 67, and latest reading was 50. All going well really. I was actually diagnosed ten years ago but was never given Metformin. When your genetics are against you, you haven't got a hope. Metformin cures that.

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@joe-90 - Well Done You. That is fantastic:)

Reactions: 2 people

Oldunelm2

I was 105 kg when diagnosed in 2010, I got down to 90 kg but have been around 95 for the past 3 years. I have been maintaining this weight through Slimming World, I am thinking of starting to try and lose again. I'm not very active as I'm 76 and have mobility & heart problems.

Reactions: 10 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, by now I've shed 32.5 kgs and my BMI is currently 29 - overweight - (from 40 - obese - at T2D diagnosis (Actually, I remember when 35+ BMI was known as morbidly obese.)). Yippee! :D

Reactions: LynnieC@115

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
6 weeks ago I got down to 12 stone 10lbs - having lost 1 stone 4lbs since last November. It is now the end of March and I have remained at 12 stone 10lbs, this 10lbs is being stubborn and will not shift. 12 stone is what I want to be and not 11 1/2 that is expected by the Hospital Diabetic Clinic when I go for my review in May/June.

Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm finally at the end of my weight loss journey, after 17 months.

When I started, I weighed 120kg (18st 12lb) with a 44" waist and now I weigh 68.5kg (10st 11lb) with a 30" waist, making s total weight loss of 51.5kg (over 8 stones)

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@phil1966 - Wow, What a fantastic result, Well Done You.:)

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.5kg since mid November and FBG normally low 5s / Upper 4s. All thanks to the Low Carb Program.
Update 26/08/16: Weight loss now 19kg. Which is about where I want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Sutherlandlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 31kg to date, since January 2015 (weight 138kg)
(Lost 17kg of the 31kg) since diagnosis 21/12/2015 (weight 124kg)
Current weight 107kg @7/4/2016
lchf and 1x 500mg metformin daily.
Work still very much in progress.. ☺

Railman74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Ignorance of gp's about sufferings of diabetics
I lost 1+1\2st last year was put on insulin and have now regained 1 stone nand not happy

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I've lost about a stone and a half since last November I haven't made any extraordinary changes except I've stopped alcohol and I now drink shanties with diet lemonade or Diet Coke I eat a lot of fruit and veg (I always have) I suffer from raging oestoarthritis just about everywhere gout and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) so exercise is pretty difficult but I have a wonderful medical team at my local surgery a understanding wife and a very caring family I puts lot of me losing this weight to all these people

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When I was diagnosed I weigh in at 21 stone and lost a stone in two years but that was it and since 2006 I have lost 8 stone and then I see a dietician and put on a high fat diet as I want it eat it nothing else so I never argued with that and I still lose a little bit of weight here or there not sure why but I do and put on a small amount of weight but at least I feel better ish about it just the aches and pains are killing me sometimes but nothing I can do about them

mpw83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
01/01/2009 - aged 26, and T1 for 16 years - I weighed 16stone/98kg. height 5ft4 1/4inches
23/06/2016 (TODAY) - aged 32, and T1 for 22 years - I now weigh 8stone 5lbs/54.6kg - and now have a body mass of bang on 20. Since christmas 2015 I have lost 14kg alone and am currently battling to stay at my current weight. I am waiting on tests/results for coeliac and Gastroparesis

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello rajaa and all , I had a major relapse during this year and got told off by the urologist,,so I am now on a new diabetic med, which makes me pee out more and my stomach has stopped being so swollen,,,I have gone down about 5kg, since the change over, but I am not getting off and on the scales too much. I will keep a better record of my progress, and will join back in very soon.
Congratulations to everyone who has got the weight to go down and to those working at staying that way,,keep going you are so great,,,,ttfn from Karen.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hello to all weight lose people,,,well things have improved for me since my last post,, at the diabetic nurse's appointment on 8/6/I was 130kgs, **
at the urologist's clinic on 20/7 was 128.65kg,,160cms tall,, BMI 50 told off,,,
on 21/9 back with nurse ** 122.8kggs 160cms BMI is 48,,,
so all in all I have had some good weight news,,,and feeling much better,,,
Canagliflozin 300 mg once per day in the morning,,,,I hope everybody is having success in their weight loss plans,,,,,ttfn from Karen.

Reactions: Prem51