Results good but blood sugar gone mad last 2 days

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi got my 3 monthly results back they were 5.8 but over the last couple of days been high all day checked 2 hours after mackerel and boiled egg 9.7
Checked hour prior to dinner 7.8 dinner cauliflower rice mince onions gravy small portion 10.3 2 hours later the only time been low is in a morning day 1 4.8 and today 5 don't get it been feeling sickly I have had a walk this morning for half hour drank water n coffee ?

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have been feeling sickly then that may well be the explanation.

We often get raised bgs if we are ill (colds or viruses, stomach upsets, bugs, infections...) so maybe your body is busy fighting something off, or you are coming down with something...

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your probably right may just eat small amount or nothing for tea and see how feel I. Morning

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi pollyg3, sorry to hear your having some strange readings. As previously posted you could be fighting some type of virus or something. After 25yrs type 1 and a Dafne course and a wealth of personal experience I still have episodes of unexplained high readings . I tend not to worry so much nowadays, the stress and worry doesn't help at all and everything goes back to normal in a day or so and as hard as I try I can't find a reason for the high readings. Only if the sugars stay high for 3 days do I start to change things around with my insulin to carb ratios. This isn't the advice everyone will give but it works for me and saves the stress and I can get on with life. Good luck I think a lot of us have these times.

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks makes sense I don't take any medication n due gad test next week

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app