What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

OOH !!! lovely let me know what they turn out like, just made a peanut butter mug cake, when cooled down halved and spread with best butter the homemade lemon curd, topped with a few strawberries delicious. Gave my mother some of the lemon curd [ she is not diabetic ] but she loved it. She will be 90yrs old in July. She said she is going to make some. Good luck :happy:
Meringues are in the oven. Fingers crossed...
Did you see the scones I posted on the Low Carb Recipe forum today? They're yummy!

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Meringues are in the oven. Fingers crossed...
Did you see the scones I posted on the Low Carb Recipe forum today? They're yummy!
Hi Debra, yes I did I have printed it off not made them yet think I will make them on Sunday when I have some free time to myself thankyou, will let you know how I get on with them. Keep those recipes coming. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Ox Tongue salad for lunch...yummy:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.
Hi Kevin I just love lunch Tongue never tried Ox tongue.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Friday 10/6/16
B bacon / egg omelette
L 1 crumpet / best butter 2 pieces of banana 1 can diet coke
S 1 pkt pork scratchings
D Mixed veg medley [ from Iceland ] cooked it in butter consists of broccoli/ sugar snap peas / mushrooms / peas / carrots / corn / had with half a vegie burger / 2 chicken nuggets [ no batter]
Bg reading 2hrs after dinner 4.9 :happy:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just bullet proof coffee so far, waiting for the dog to wake up after wee walk and falling asleep again so I can go for my run and then brekkie:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: overnight-coconut-seeds-chocolate pudding (same every morning, still don't know how to call it)
L: Courgetti with cheese-tomato sauce with an obscene amount of olive oil and avocado on top
D: Butter-fried veggies with 2 eggs and spices, some kefir, lazy fat bomb (stirred coconut oil with raw cacao, desiccated coconut and some tahini, eaten from the mug while still liquid)

Altogether 90 minutes cycling, feeling good with tons of energy!

So, this was quite a fatty day and the scale shows 1 pound less this morning than yesterday morning ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Help!! Does anyone here know how to make chia pudding without a special kind of milk (coconut/almond)?

Thanks
X

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fast day done

D chicken fajitas in lettuce, sour cream and cheese. So yummy!!!

X

----------

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B - Two small sized slices of Burgen flax seed bread with 1 dairy lea cheese triangle
L - Chicken, sweetcorn.
D - Small bowl of mixed veg/peppers stir fry with a very small amount of egg noodles
S - Pineapple, nuts, 2 squares of 70%

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: kinda skipped it - hungover :)
L: crustless bacon and egg quiche, smoked haddock pate, LivLife bread
D: Slice of low carb lemon cake

A good day!

c5aa9eda9b9ed21f46da2902fe29cd9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help!! Does anyone here know how to make chia pudding without a special kind of milk (coconut/almond)?

Thanks
X

----------

I guess you can try to make it with normal cow's milk instead of the special milks. I used to eat them with nuts, other seeds and yogurt, and eat them these days with coconut yogurt. Sometimes I just mix a spoon of them into low-carb porridge (with diff. seeds).

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry of subject, hopefully a administrator will read this. I befriended someone on here a while ago and the person added me on Facebook. This person has just sent me a private message on Facebook asking to lend £200. Now I have blocked the person on FB. I can't seem to find them on here, but I didn't want anyone else to experience this. I didn't know where to post this, sorry. Could a administrator please private message me please.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got an inappropriate pm too but not asking for money. Wonder if it's the same person.
Go to your profile and in the upper right I think it has a place you can put that persons name in and block.
Also if you go to that persons profile you can block from there as well but you can not block from the PM

Hope that helps. Shame this stuff goes on.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some people have no morals or shame...

----------

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got an inappropriate pm too but not asking for money. Wonder if it's the same person.
Go to your profile and in the upper right I think it has a place you can put that persons name in and block.
Also if you go to that persons profile you can block from there as well but you can not block from the PM

Hope that helps. Shame this stuff goes on.
It's terrible, I can't seem to find this person on here, and I know they haven't posted for awhile. Maybe they are not on here now.