Thank you

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
To everyone who has answered my questions and helped me find my way.

I have now, with the cognisance of my diabetic nurse, dropped all four Glicazide and am now just taking 1 X 10mg Forxiga and 18 units of Lantus once daily.

This is a huge step forward for me and I am looking forward to, hopefully reducing my insulin as my weight decreases.

I didn't feel that LCHF was quite right for me, but dropping high carb food has really been the reason for this improvement, probably generally eat around 30g carbs daily and have stopped buying low far foods. I have now lost around 14lbs and am hoping to lose another 28lbs.

It actually seems possible thanks to this way of eating. I like feeling full and have really cut down on snacks. I'm coming in between 4.7 and 6.2 generally, which seems pretty good to me - unless you know different?I Don't feel that fasting would be a good idea as I'm on insulin - anybody know if it is ok or not.

Anyway thanks again forum members - you have transformed my diabetes management.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations, sounds like you're doing everything right:)

Fasting whilst on insulin would require you to make adjustments to your insulin dose when you fast. The period of time that your body would take to get used to the adjustment would probably be longer than the fast itself. You'd probably find that dropping your Lantus dose to account for the lack of food whilst fasting would make a mess of your BGL's both when stopping eating and also when going back on the food. I think fasting is typically discouraged with insulin users.

If it were me, I'd be happy enough with where you are now and keep enjoying the food:)

Well done!

Grant

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @LincolnLizzie on your bs and weight reductions. 4.7-6.2 mmol/L sounds pretty good to me too. I'm sure you will improve your figures more and be able to reduce your meds further. Keep it up!:)

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks good people. Feeling much happier and certainly more confident and in control for the first time in 12 years!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done! It's empowering learning what carbs can do to you and seeing the result in glucose levels when you cut them down.

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Fantastic Effort
Cheers