Marstons Resolution - low carb beer!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So my order arrived today, 24 bottles of low carb beer from Marstons.

Just enjoy my first beer since diagnosis in Jan 2016. It tastes pretty good. I used to be a John Smith or Tetley's lad (a true Yorkshireman!) but actually enjoying this beer. Couldn't say it is out of the world, but highly drinkable.

It's 4.7% so better not have too many, but it is under 2g carbs per bottle. Would be pretty nice on a really hot day I think.

So pretty pleased and sure my BG will be good in a couple of hours - well unless I drink the whole crate :)

03bd070336d2792fd93cafa2248dafd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 8 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Enjoy

I found mine a while ago
The perfect beer already exists in Aussie
pureblonde_lesscarbs.png

Brand Alcohol %
ABV
Carbs (g/100ml)
Energy (kJ/100ml)
Energy (cal/100 ml)
Sugar (g/100mL)

I'm in love

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Enjoy

I found mine a while ago
The perfect beer already exists in Aussie
pureblonde_lesscarbs.png

Brand Alcohol %
ABV
Carbs (g/100ml)
Energy (kJ/100ml)
Energy (cal/100 ml)
Sugar (g/100mL)

I'm in love
Blondes who are a bit "impure:rolleyes:" can also be good!:woot:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Great stuff. Any idea if it's stocked in any supermarkets I'm UK?
I not sure. It is brewed by Carlton and United Brewers (Fosters, Carlton etc) and I would think as such it would be but can't confirm It is a great drop.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after a 9-5 day working in the garden I can confirm this Marstons beer is ok, currently on my 3rd ......

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenfoldAPD @KevinPotts
As promised previously I am now in a position to sacrifice myself in the name of science, well a Kronenbourg Blanc Beer actually ;)
After 24 hr s of being in Avingnon I have finally located the product. (I have also left my metformin at home :eek:)
So at ½ time in the France V Switzerland game I have BS of 5.2 and will now consume the beer in the next 15 mins, and test every 30 mins thereafter.

In the meantime here is an image of my 6 pack before a beer belly appears again

Please note this beer is no ;onger sold in the UK

upload_2016-6-19_21-23-42.png

Reactions: 4 people

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
at 90 minutes it 6.2 that after just 250ml of beer, I truly believe the data on myfitnesspal to be incorrect. I have not tested drinking Marstons ans would be grateful if anyone has any data. My advice would be to stick to no more than one a day of the Kronenbourg Blanc, shame because it is a very refreshing drink. particularly when its hot

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
@PenfoldAPD @KevinPotts
As promised previously I am now in a position to sacrifice myself in the name of science, well a Kronenbourg Blanc Beer actually ;)
After 24 hr s of being in Avingnon I have finally located the product. (I have also left my metformin at home :eek:)
So at ½ time in the France V Switzerland game I have BS of 5.2 and will now consume the beer in the next 15 mins, and test every 30 mins thereafter.

In the meantime here is an image of my 6 pack before a beer belly appears again

Please note this beer is no ;onger sold in the UK

View attachment 19517

Careful matey the ladies will be quivering over that bod:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
at 90 minutes it 6.2 that after just 250ml of beer, I truly believe the data on myfitnesspal to be incorrect. I have not tested drinking Marstons ans would be grateful if anyone has any data. My advice would be to stick to no more than one a day of the Kronenbourg Blanc, shame because it is a very refreshing drink. particularly when its hot

Yep, 1 in a day as a treat.... But the data they are putting out is cobblers:)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the research @walnut_face well done. I don't think the BG levels are that bad. Info on MFP is obviously bogus - I think you can create entries which are then adopted by MFP, you only need a minimum of info.

I downed 3 beers post garden and my BG around 2 1/2 later was 5.2 so didn't seem to affect me. They do say Marstons is 2g of carbs per bottle - so minimal.

Doesn't 1664 have official info on carb content on their website. Maybe I'll stick to Marstons and take some to Franxe for post beer refreshment!

Also, were they hard to find? We shop at a huge HyperU while there. Finally - how was the taste??

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought them in a small HyperU in Avignon. It is based on the belgian Wheat Beers, with added lemon flavour, from the label,-

Biere blanche aromatisee citron coriandre.

Taste wise, i found it very thirst quenching. My DD also likes the flavour, I will probably drink 1 or 2 in the afternoon, poolside, but not every day, and stick to the Rose wine with evening meals :)

BTW BG was 6.7 this am, bit high for me

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldnt find any data on the Kronenbourg site, however this from Auchan (Who also sell it)

So about 7.8g Carbs per bottle - the search continues.......

upload_2016-6-20_9-53-26.png