Type 2 Life

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Day here,

I have just had the results of my HbA1c test and it is 44 down from 118 in March :wideyed: to be honest I have shocked myself lol and did say "F**k Me" very loudly in the Docs reception when she handed me the print out lol

Cholesterol is down by almost two points so we can stop having the regular and very boring statin conversations and my BP has normalised at 130/80. Weight is down by 13 kilos and waist has reduced by 24 cms.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive and given great advice x

Ok lets get this reading into normal levels!

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Happy Day here,

I have just had the results of my HbA1c test and it is 44 down from 118 in March :wideyed: to be honest I have shocked myself lol and did say "F**k Me" very loudly in the Docs reception when she handed me the print out lol

Cholesterol is down by almost two points so we can stop having the regular and very boring statin conversations and my BP has normalised at 130/80. Weight is down by 13 kilos and waist has reduced by 24 cms.

Woohoo!!! Go Lindy1706. Marvellous results. You must be walking in air, on cloud 9....

Reactions: 3 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Happy Day here,

Thanks to everyone who has been a supportive and given great advice x

Excellent news
Good for you x

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
I managed to sleep for a couple of hours at a time last night, probably near to 4 hours in total, so that's good, as pooh is so topical at the moment, I also managed get the dreaded post poop done too, despite nearly two hours or intense labour in doing so:bigtears: anyone having surgery, I recommend maybe asking for something to help soften the experience....I know wish I had:(

On a more upbeat note I managed a small walk to the polling station, and plan to try and sleep some more.
Still feeling positive :)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Day here,

Hi Lindy

I've just posted on your other thread, but you can never have too many congratulations, so ; CONGRATULATIONS! That is a brilliant result. I was quietly smug when mine dropped form 97 to 49 in 3 months but obviously I wasn't trying hard enough! :)

So, I'll do the happy dance for you.

Reactions: 6 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I managed to sleep for a couple of hours at a time last night, probably near to 4 hours in total, so that's good, as pooh is so topical at the moment, I also managed get the dreaded post poop done too, despite nearly two hours or intense labour in doing so:bigtears: anyone having surgery, I recommend maybe asking for something to help soften the experience....I know wish I had:(

On a more upbeat note I managed a small walk to the polling station, and plan to try and sleep some more.

Sending you hugs and hoping you feel better soon.

Reactions: 4 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
@TooManyCrisps Thanks,

It may seem odd given the op I've had done but the relief that I can finally move on and leave the tired and cloudy outlook behind is really good, I've certainly not felt so happy and positive in a longtime, now the proverbial axe has been swung so to speak the negativity apprehension and worries have gone.

It's just going to a case of not rushing back too quickly and letting everything heal properly.

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Stallen allow your body time to heal take it slowly time to indulge in a good book and TV box set you have always wanted to find the time to watch and give into it.

Take care x

S

Sable_Jan

Good on you for getting out and about so soon post op. I know we have to get moving asap helping prevent blood clots & stuff but many a time folks don't. We're not like the dogs in that respect. Soon as anaesthetic is worn off they're up and about giving shins/thighs a good old battering with those damned lampshades

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
@Stallen allow your body time to heal take it slowly time to indulge in a good book and TV box set you have always wanted to find the time to watch and give into it.

Take care x
Sounds like a couple of good ideas:)
Good on you for getting out and about so soon post op. I know we have to get moving asap helping prevent blood clots & stuff but many a time folks don't. We're not like the dogs in that respect. Soon as anaesthetic is worn off they're up and about giving shins/thighs a good old battering with those damned lampshades
I tend to try and avoid being surrounded by the four walls as much as possible, I like my walks and outdoor but i can concede, I will need to rest up the next few months, so will contain myself a bit better when need.

Reactions: 3 people

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Sorry to hear you were so poorly yesterday. Hope you're feeling much better today. The exercises should do you good....and once the impacted blockage clears through that should make you feel better to. Have they given you laxatives to help or is it just exercise and good old fibre in lots of fruit and veg in your diet. Glad to hear no glucose in urine and presumably no infection, which is good news with your bladder not emptying properly.
Hope the sun is shining for you; it's lovely here.
Were you in the library posting your message or have you got internet connection at home again now?
Good Morning to your lovely kind self and thank you for your quote/message. I am feeling very much better today and thanks to the Laxido Orange bowel stimulation soluble sachets and the recommendation of the pears that my Carer bought yesterday, I am evacuating my bladder and my bowels better. I couldn't get the Prune Juice that Nurse Gill recommended because the Carer couldn't get it but my friend Lee will try to get it for me. I am still using the computers at the library due to no wifi connectability in my flat. The weather is hot and sunny in South London today, Friday 24th June, 2016. My blood glucose reading this morning was a very satisfactory and pleasing 6.7. Have a lovely day, my friend.

S

Sable_Jan

Good Morning to your lovely kind self and thank you for your quote/message. I am feeling very much better today and thanks to the Laxido Orange bowel stimulation soluble sachets and the recommendation of the pears that my Carer bought yesterday, I am evacuating my bladder and my bowels better. I couldn't get the Prune Juice that Nurse Gill recommended because the Carer couldn't get it but my friend Lee will try to get it for me. I am still using the computers at the library due to no wifi connectability in my flat. The weather is hot and sunny in South London today, Friday 24th June, 2016. My blood glucose reading this morning was a very satisfactory and pleasing 6.7. Have a lovely day, my friend.
Good morning Johnny, so glad the meds and pears did the trick. Happy you're feeling so much more comfortable too. You should be able to get prune juice in most supermarkets. It will be on the shelves with the other drinks and juices. Ive only seen it in the litre sized cartons but you may find it in the smaller ones. One average sized glass a day should be plenty as too much, especially if you aren't used to it can send you the opposite way, and you don't want to be getting the trots....also too much and the natural fruit sugars can increase your blood sugars.
Have a wonderful day. We've got rain here but I'm inside in the dry again now.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@autisticwonder1970 - Hello Johnny, You can also buy Prune Juice in Plastic Bottles in Supermarkets. (I buy it for myself from Morrison's Supermarket).:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello Folks - Just to give you all an update. Been to Hospital today and seen the Rheumatologist. Have had more blood tests done and X Ray's taken of: Neck, Shoulders and upper Spine, Pelvis and Hips, Hands and Feet and then had 2 Steroid Injections . Rheumatologist reckons the Arthritis has spread!!! (Told her that!) To go back in 6 weeks time, but she hopes the Steriod Injections will give me some relief, and then tomorrow have my other Injection of Cosentyx. :) Seeing the Dermatologist on Wednesday, then Thursday having the Ultrasound Scan on my Liver at the Hospital.

S

Sable_Jan

Hello Folks - Just to give you all an update. Been to Hospital today and seen the Rheumatologist. Have had more blood tests done and X Ray's taken of: Neck, Shoulders and upper Spine, Pelvis and Hips, Hands and Feet and then had 2 Steroid Injections . Rheumatologist reckons the Arthritis has spread!!! (Told her that!) To go back in 6 weeks time, but she hopes the Steriod Injections will give me some relief, and then tomorrow have my other Injection of Cosentyx. :) Seeing the Dermatologist on Wednesday, then Thursday having the Ultrasound Scan on my Liver at the Hospital.
How's the fractured knee doing?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Sable_Jan - Was "terrified" someone or something would bump/knock it. And asked the Rheumatologist = Please don't touch it, cos you will have to scrape me off the ceiling. And Bless Her, she didn't go near it. We were at the Hospital for 3 hours and my knee - it is "gnawing at me" if you know what I mean? Thanks :(

S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan - Was "terrified" someone or something would bump/knock it. And asked the Rheumatologist = Please don't touch it, cos you will have to scrape me off the ceiling. And Bless Her, she didn't go near it. We were at the Hospital for 3 hours and my knee - it is "gnawing at me" if you know what I mean? Thanks :(
Ooh, I definitely know what you mean....hope it's settling down again now.

D

debrasue

Oh, yes - I know EXACTLY what you mean. Huge hugs, William xxx