Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

I am eating more carbs for a few days - so I have some higher carb readings to show my nurse at tomorrow's appt, to compare with my usual steady readings. The whole day was up and down far more than usual

Anyway, last night a handful of Pringles tipped me over into RH, Only about 20 Pringles (once you pop...) followed by a LC moussaka. No pud, and just water to drink all evening. Only about 25g carbs in the shape of powdered potato Frankenfood, but as you can see, it was enough to trigger RH.

Went down to 2.8mmol/l (according to the Libre data dump) then bounced back up, so it wasn't a bad one. :)

Just wait for this afternoon's Cream Tea Extravaganza! Hahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that's impressive! Did you eat when you reached your 2.9 low or did your body sort itself out? I bet you felt pretty rough either way!

We were away last week and I was so tempted to try a cream tea. I chickened out, partly as I wasn't wearing my libra and didn't fancy the constant finger pricking! I did have half an ice cream with no apparent ill effects, so I was happy with that

Good luck with the cream tea I hope you're pleasantly surprised! Either way, enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! I was asleep!!!

Got very sleepy (high carbs do that to me) so trundled off to bed and slept through all the drama.
The overnight readings were a bit jangly, but it seemed to have sorted itself by morning.

:)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! I was asleep!!!

Got very sleepy (high carbs do that to me) so trundled off to bed and slept through all the drama.
The overnight readings were a bit jangly, but it seemed to have sorted itself by morning.

:)

What sort of liver dump/rebound did you see, and what did you wake at this morning?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of liver dump/rebound did you see, and what did you wake at this morning?

The line jiggles around overnight, bouncing up to about 6.5, then dropping to 5, and i woke up at 7.2 which is higher than I've had in months. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I reckon you hyper ed then hypo ed in just around three hours.
Your spike was around 11-12mmols. Which is a really quick spike!

Good luck with the cream tea!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I reckon you hyper ed then hypo ed in just around three hours.
Your spike was around 11-12mmols. Which is a really quick spike!

Good luck with the cream tea!

If @Brunneria has her downloaded data, and can recall when she ate, she will be able to see when she was at her peak.

lindisfel

Expert
Living on the edge, eh what! Brunneria?
Once I got my kicks out of riding a motor bike now I just watch birds! :);)

Hi All,

I am eating more carbs for a few days - so I have some higher carb readings to show my nurse at tomorrow's appt, to compare with my usual steady readings. The whole day was up and down far more than usual

Anyway, last night a handful of Pringles tipped me over into RH, Only about 20 Pringles (once you pop...) followed by a LC moussaka. No pud, and just water to drink all evening. Only about 25g carbs in the shape of powdered potato Frankenfood, but as you can see, it was enough to trigger RH.

Went down to 2.8mmol/l (according to the Libre data dump) then bounced back up, so it wasn't a bad one. :)

Just wait for this afternoon's Cream Tea Extravaganza! Hahaha!