ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Have a nice time @13lizanne and @liam1955 .
Sonographer thinks it's hormonal for my son. Blood tests in 2 weeks time and pediatrician appointment.
Time to wait.
I test him regularly for diabetes so I know not that.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
D

debrasue

Arlene, you've got through many hard times, this will pass too. Hope that it helps you to know that we are all thinking of you with love, wishing you strength and wisdom and surrounding you and your family with our support @amgrundy
Beautifully put, Anna. Arlene, I totally agree with what Anna has said. Big hugs @amgrundy

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good Morning everyone, it's a lovely morning up here in Central Scotland. The sun is shining between showers and I'm just off for my first walk of the day with lovely hubby or LH as I think I'll refer to him in the future :) Welcome back to @KimG hope that it's sunny where you are Kim

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I need a kick up the a*se. Well last night.
Today is a new day. Feeling very optimistic! :) :) :)

D

debrasue

Have a nice time @13lizanne and @liam1955 .
Sonographer thinks it's hormonal for my son. Blood tests in 2 weeks time and pediatrician appointment.
Time to wait.
I test him regularly for diabetes so I know not that.
Well, that sounds positive. If it's hormonal it should sort itself out in time, shouldn't it? Let's hope so, anyway. Big hugs x

D

debrasue

k5550357.jpg

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, toooo, yoooooou
Happy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirthday, dear @maureen5752 and @kjc2011
Happy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirthday toooooooooooooooooooo yoooooooooooooooooooooooou!
Hope you both have a lovely day
Big hugs xxx
:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
That's what we are here for -support.
I need my fair share, as you know.
I think it just feels a little bit easier once you've typed it out on here. Not so alone.
My sister and mum are flapping about my sister housemove today but I cannot carry them. I have enough on my own plate, which they never want to know about.
I used to always put people before me. No surprise my diabetes went que wiff.
Life is settling down after our horrific move from the South to the North with a baby, 7yr old and 2 cars. The 2 vans had to fit in a garage, spare room, loft and us all in one bedroom. Relocating to the correct property wasnt easy. We are enjoying our new home and im just starting to settle down - diabetic wise.
It does get better! Different problems but not so skint. ;)
I feel guilty not being available for my sister but she has more support than i got with my horrific move.
They are younger than me for a start. No children or pets and no diabetes.
Her and her husband are in their mid 30s and act like my kids. Eat kids treats and need carrying in anything they do. I wonder when they will grow up?
My kids need me more today, they should understand that but no......
I'll help when i can. I always do. i cannot help myself. :confused:
Ive realised one thing if anything happens to my mum. My 2 sisters arent mature enough to be of any use. It will be up to me to do the serious stuff. They both will be faffing with the flowers.
Why does the middle child feel they have to be the glue in the family? Or is that just mine?
Hi ickihun, you just sound like me, I am always thinking about others and how I can be of help. I think too this is what made me so run down at Christmas and diagnosed with this diabetes. I still think of others and try and help but the one thing I have changed is to try and put things in perspective and think of myself first, that's not being mean its being realistic, as if am ill again then there is none else to help. I try to be as relaxed as I can without feeling guilty anymore I know it isn't easy but you have to look after number one, my nanna always told me. She looked after everyone, but when I look back she did look after herself too. :happy: Now when I have something to worry about like my daughters biopsy tomorrow I try and keep myself busy. I tend to be with my grandchildren they take my mind off things.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thinking about you, Arlene - let us know how it goes. Hugs x
Yes I will let you all know what happens tomorrow thank you . Its support like this that keeps our spirits up .:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I know exactly what you mean Vicky, my older brother has severe memory problems and learning difficulties because of his epilepsy and DS and younger brother both have autism. You can imagine the chaos when my dad died suddenly after an accident! Mum had been diagnosed type 2 just 3 years before and was already registered blind so she wanted to help but couldn't! Dad was self employed, he had his own cleaning business so it was left up to me to sort things out with the Inland Revenue and the solicitors who were working on dad's probate! I think my head started spinning Exorcist style at one point :) Sending you massive squishy hugs, I'll be thinking of you xx
HI Diamum5972, gosh you have had your share of life`s problems too. big hugs. :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
5/7/16 - Good Morning from a cold, windy and dull York. Hope everyone is well today, and you all have a good day in whatever you are doing.:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everybody. I hope everyone has a great day. It's a bit cloudy here and looks like rain and I want to garden. @liam1955 how is your knee today?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @mo53 - My knee is good today actually :). Thank You for asking Mo. Think the trip out to Beningbrough Hall yesterday afternoon did it good, Never wore the strapping too and it never kept me awake, I think it is 'mending' well. You know I am a walking disaster - I banged my upper arm on the car door yesterday and the bruising that has come out is unbelievable this morning. (See attached picture)
If you want to Garden Mo? = come over to York, R will be pleased of the extra pair of hands to help him:D.

Attachments

• IMG_20160705_1008173_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160705_1008173_rewind.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by a moderator: