News

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Just wanted to say that they finally found what was wrong with me. Gallbladder and stones stuck in ducts causing lots of problems!!!
Had a ERCP today and they found it.

Thanks for all your support

Best
Alicki

Reactions: 2 people

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay Alicki. It's so much better knowing than not knowing!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Glad you got your diagnosis!

Keep us updated.

Best wishes

Nosher

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks- home resting. Lots of sludge and tiny stones in bile ducts. Gallbladder will need to go but not now

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness, so glad you finally have an answer.

Rest well, and hope you get a date through and things get sorted. :)

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonnerwife - can you tell me more? brunneria: if i can avoid surgery at the moment, i Will

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
But it Will probably need to get done

toonerwife

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
hi
it started a long time ago every now and again i would get this horrendous pain in my chest ive been taken to hospital about three times in an ambulance because the pain was so so horendous then about two years ago on one of my hosp visit the doc said that it was my gallbladder and advised me to see my doc to start the process to get it removed
i saw the doc at local hosp who sent me for various test which found i had loads of gall stones in my gallbladder i thought finally i have an answer for all the horrendous pain i had been suffering/putting up with thinking it was nothing when it was something the doc couldnt guarantee me that the pain would go away but i said im willing to take the risk so i had my surgery in sept 2015 i had six weeks off then was back to work best thing i had done now im paim free

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

lindisfel

Expert
The big stones in the gall bladder are OK. Mine has three big ones. It is the little ones that get in the bile duct that can cause excruciating pain. My better half had her gall bladder out c.40 years ago but it was a major op then, but much better with a decent key hole surgeon nowadays. D.

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I had lots of tiny ones, stuck in bile ducts and bile ducts were damaged. Im waiting for the report to see what They have done to repair area. Im lucky because I was able to get an ERCP but without it, this could have turned into acute pancreatitis. I couldnt eat without digestive enzymes and the whole liver area and shoulders were in pain. Homeopathic doc has given me some stuff to break down tiny stones. I would like to keep gallbladder (I ve already had utérus out) but gastro doc said "no chance!"

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Alicky, If you have blocked and damaged duct I would be very careful about taking any alternative meds that make the gall bladder expel your gall stones. You need to know where the blockage is, your common duct may still be passing unconcentrated bile from your liver to your stomach , if I remember correctly the gall bladder is on its own duct. My better half manages fats quite well without a gall bladder. D.

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I'm waiting for the médical report. I have stopped all alternative meds but homeopathic should be ok. We know where the blockage is and he's opened the duct a little to let the bile flow, it's a temporary solution. My stones are tiny and hard to find, hence it took an endoscopic ultrasound to locate them. The homeopathic médecine, will not expel them but dissolve them. I have high unconcentrated bilirubin from having Gilbert's syndrome, so I don't know how all this will work out, but I feel relief that they didnt find a tumor.

It took a HELL of a LOT of advocating to get a diagnosis, never give up, that's my advice, if you feel something is wrong, then it's wrong. The docs thought I was just being anxious. I'm fed up of docs thinking women are prône to anxiety. In the 19th century, they thought women were hysterical and in 16th century, they burnt women alive for knowing better than them with natural cures. Hallejuliah!

Thanks to everyone for all your support.

Best
Alicki

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Try beetroot to thin bile should help with pain

Would vinegar thin the bile with the beetroot?
Believe some varieties of vinegar is good for blood glucose levels.

Nice to hear from you Emma!

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, beetroot does the job :)

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Apple cider vinegar too but it must be be one with the 'mother' in it from a health food store. I take two teaspoons in warm water. ACV has been proven to lower blood sugar and also hot baths!

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been diagnosed with a 22mm gall stone 2 years ago. Being messed around lots by the hospital as regards gall bladder removal. Suffering LOTS recently. Just had a call from Docs to say they will not even consider surgery until I lose weight. *sigh*