Induction tomorrow - baby update

Loulou52

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't post too often but am a true lurker. Bit worried now as my induction date seems to have krept up on me. :nailbiting:I just wanted to thank you all for the inadvertent support and confidence you've given me. I hope to have my son in my arms tomorrow but I am realistic so reckon Wednesday! DS1 took 72 hours! Will hopefully update with some positive news. Again thanks.:)

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I don't post too often but am a true lurker. Bit worried now as my induction date seems to have krept up on me. :nailbiting:I just wanted to thank you all for the inadvertent support and confidence you've given me. I hope to have my son in my arms tomorrow but I am realistic so reckon Wednesday! DS1 took 72 hours! Will hopefully update with some positive news. Again thanks.:)

All the very best to you, your new son and the entire family:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Try not to worry @Loulou52 it may drag out a bit but will pass on a flash, or it did for me!
Being realistic is good, I went in the thurs & baby arrived the sat, I'm unaware of anyone on here that has had their baby arrive same day but you never know lol

Hope you've got everything you need to take with you, things to do, hypo treatments, sleep while you can - I wish I did lol

Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I could have had my baby same day - first tablet worked very well, I was having the regular contractions and they were ready to break my waters at 4 in the afternoon the day I went in. Unfortunately they had no space in the delivery suite! So I had to wait overnight, but baby was ready to go, so it shows it doesn't always have to take days :)
But I think you have the right attitude, assume it could be a long time, then if it's faster it will feel like a bonus. Best of luck and hope it all goes really well for you

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wishing you a good delivery! Absolutely right to assume it'll take ages, then you're psychologically prepared.

Double check your bag and hypo treatments!

All the best xxxx

lacerta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy every minute of your sons birthday! Wishing the best for you!

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi thinking of you today. Be prepared for those hypos! xx

Loulou52

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks eveyone. DS2 arrived on wednesday after incredibly long and painful induction. But no interventions and a vey standard delivery of 7lb10oz baby boy on gas and air (Little chunk!!) Pump was amazing-DS2 little low for first blood gluose but after that very normal. He went straight onto the breast but did a dew formula top ups. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations! :)

Long inductions are horrible, but it sounds like you did amazingly well. Well done :)

Welcome to the world, little boy :) XXX

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Loulou52 congratulations I hope you are managing to get some rest! (2.30am and been up feeding with one of the twins..arrghhh...the joys of being a mum...) Just be careful of those hypos xx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahh congratulations @Loulou52 well done you for managing with the gas & air! Hope you're both doing well :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations and wishing you lots of love and happiness with your new baby boy :)