ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I had my diabetic retinal eye test and had my letter with the results. This time there were no problems and all clear. The thing that is worrying me, is that last year's test show up some damage. How can it be ok this year and be clear.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I had my diabetic retinal eye test and had my letter with the results. This time there were no problems and all clear. The thing that is worrying me, is that last year's test show up some damage. How can it be ok this year and be clear.

Hi ally1, As noted by Dr Richard Bernstein in his book Diabetes Explained 4 th Edition, most nerve damage does repair with good controls...and you are doing very well

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the eye can and does repair any small bleeds that can occur......which is good news for all.......

i think the problem is when bigger bleeds happen and the eye starts to repair it, which may leave scars and fresh, weaker vessels in its place.....

well don thouh....;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

That's great news @ally1, the tiny changes to the blood vessels of the eye can sometimes be reversed with good diabetes control, just keep doing what your doing.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi ally1, As noted by Dr Richard Bernstein in his book Diabetes Explained 4 th Edition, most nerve damage does repair with good controls...and you are doing very well

Thank you x

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
the eye can and does repair any small bleeds that can occur......which is good news for all.......

i think the problem is when bigger bleeds happen and the eye starts to repair it, which may leave scars and fresh, weaker vessels in its place.....

well don thouh....;)
Thank you x

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you x
Hi could I ask you what your screening was like.. I have my letter through for mine. I'm a bit anxious as I have a fear of anything to do with my eyesight and the thought of my eyes being blurred afterwards scares me I'd this extreme or only slightly blurred and can you still see. Thankyou
Julie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi could I ask you what your screening was like.. I have my letter through for mine. I'm a bit anxious as I have a fear of anything to do with my eyesight and the thought of my eyes being blurred afterwards scares me I'd this extreme or only slightly blurred and can you still see. Thankyou
Julie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

You can still see, its not a huge deal as such. I tend to get a headache drom the eye dilation but thats normal, just take dark sunglasses if you can. remember you arent supposed to drive after

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have had 3 tests and on every occasion have never has blurred vision. The only thing that I found was, when the drops were put into my eyes, it just stung few a few seconds

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just had my decs eye screening at st thomas's , it stings a little then wears off after five minutes,the pupil stays dilated for about 1 to 2 hrs , as long as your not driving or in strong sunshine it's ok,