Regular moderate exercise log

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
40 lengths this morning - first exercise since swimming on Monday! Really enjoyed it.

Went to running club on Monday to ask about my sore feet from my last run (much better now thanks to resting) and was relieved not to be joining in as it was just so hot. Husband dragged me off Tuesday to help him on an outside job - full sun all afternoon, the results of which led to a day on the sofa feeling dreadful sipping pint after pint of water yesterday. Took a trip to the doctor when I measured my pulse and found it was just 41bpm - but I've been reassured that I'm fine.

All tickety-boo this morning - yay! Might running club this evening be a step too far, though......?!

;)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe just a step too far. Might be better to rest your feet thoroughly @Snapsy .

I've not been feeling great in the heat, so only been doing several short walks in the cooler parts of the day rather than the couple of longer ones I've been doing as well as letting my legs recover from the up and down step ladders I was doing a lot of on Monday.

Trying to work out if a decent evening walk (4 miles +) helps the fasting bloods or if it's the increase in Metformin. (Now having one as late as possible in the evening. As far as I can see from the log I keep, it's a bit of both...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
New Maybe just a step too far. Might be better to rest your feet thoroughly @Snapsy .
I'm glad you said that! I've so got to calm down this exercise bug! Will save my feet for parkrun on Saturday. Thank you, @Japes !

Shorter, cooler walks certainly sound the order of the day when it's as hot as this - and it's good you're looking after your stepladdered legs too!

:)

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
30 lengths this morning. Psyching self up for parkrun tomorrow. Will see how I feel in the morning.....!

Night, all!

:):):)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not been a great week - overtrained feet from running, running and running last week followed by getting far too hot and now culminating in a raging sore throat this morning, and feeling decidedly under the (glorious) weather - I think my body is trying to tell me something!

So, the only exercise on the cards today is going to be turning the pages of a book ('Run like a girl' by Alexandra Hemmsley) and flicking across my iPad screen.

Fine by me!

Have a lovely weekend, folks.

:):):)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves from the sofa after a 14 mile walk. Am I stretching the limits of "moderate"?!

I did have two coffee stops, a lunch stop and a couple of errand stops so it wasn't the fastest walking...

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Next you'll be walking a marathon, bet the feet are a bit sore, thats awesome :D

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Next you'll be walking a marathon, bet the feet are a bit sore, thats awesome :D

Amazingly, they are not sore nor are my legs! I have good boots and excellent socks, and I put myself in a hot bath to soak as soon as I came in.

I am kind of working up to marathon length as I want to do a walk around a circular bus route in my city which is about 26 miles. I used to spend a lot of time on different bits of the route, and I've gone round it on the bus (in both directions, but not on the same day).

I reckon a banana helps if I'm going to be walking at least five miles to walk it off.. I had one two miles before the end, and I'm not quite down to the 5s and 6s I've been lately. I was 5.2 when I had one mid-morning and again when I had a mid afternoon one. Now drinking lots of water!!

Reactions: 4 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've not been logging my exercise but I'm back in the UK so my walking has soared. Nearly 17,000 steps yesterday, and averaging about 7,000 a day since arrival. I love walking in London!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not been logging my exercise but I'm back in the UK so my walking has soared. Nearly 17,000 steps yesterday, and averaging about 7,000 a day since arrival. I love walking in London!

I used to love walking around London when I lived there. Still do, whenever i get the chance, but not there nearly as often as I used to be.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Today I've done 13,000 and planning on the rest of the evening loafing in front of the TV

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love this thread - you're all such brilliant inspiration to get moving!

Been out of action with lurgy for over a week - am looking forward to getting back to the pool soon. And parkrun next Saturday if it's the last thing I do!

Onwards!

:):):):)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been exploring some of the more hidden walking routes in my city lately. There are some amazingly green bits and hidden away from traffic.

Mind you, I think the local rat population is not liking the school holidays! I've seen several scuttle out from overgrown places where I can hear groups of youths congregating. Do I get a bravery award for today's encounter? It leapt into my path, eyeballed me, then swiftly turned tail and ran back. I didn't even flinch and carried on past! Normally I freeze when I see a rat and it's me swiftly turning tail and going in the opposite direction,..

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Rant away!

I don't know about runners, but I do know my feet ache more if my laces are looser as my feet can rub more against my shoes/trainers/walking boots, and I'm more inclined to blisters when I do as well. I also get very achy feet when my trainers/shoes are due replacing. I think, from what I remember I've heard some running friends say, that's ideally about 500 miles (800km) for runners.

Yep about 500 miles with a good pair. As I only run a mile a day I can get by with 18 months and as I'm a Yorkshire man.....it sometimes becomes 2 years...haha:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I've been exploring some of the more hidden walking routes in my city lately. There are some amazingly green bits and hidden away from traffic.

Mind you, I think the local rat population is not liking the school holidays! I've seen several scuttle out from overgrown places where I can hear groups of youths congregating. Do I get a bravery award for today's encounter? It leapt into my path, eyeballed me, then swiftly turned tail and ran back. I didn't even flinch and carried on past! Normally I freeze when I see a rat and it's me swiftly turning tail and going in the opposite direction,..

Flippin Hec...I'm terrified of rats...one jumped out of a bucket st my face brushing past my cheek as it zoomed away at my last house. I just stood rooted to the spot for what seemed like several minutes:)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The rats have assisted in my walking pace being a bit faster for about ten minutes after I have encountered them... @KevinPotts I am getting slightly braver about rats in public places. My new-ish neighbours have all been warned that they will be called on to rescue me if mice or rats appear in my house!!

Looking like rain may stop play today