Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, FBG 5.9 mmol/l and sunny. :)

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Well you should get some answers then as he is pretty good at what he does and very friendly Well I have always found so and I have been seeing him well over two years now. no more like four years hard to keep track. :).
I hope he is good because after today I've just about had it with that hospital.

Reactions: 4 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I hope he is good because after today I've just about had it with that hospital.
Well I found him to be pretty good hope he doesn't make a fibber of me. What have they done now Judith says make a complaint even the staff are getting fed up with the system. I still have not heard any thing about my follow up for vascular the one they cancelled was several weeks over due,though have a CT angiogram booked for next month.

One of the consultants at Judith's department had a stroke the other day which upset every one as she is a very nice person, only 44, two children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning all...red wine and cheese before bed last night and just 5.5 this morning....happy boy:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all...red wine and cheese before bed last night and just 5.5 this morning....happy boy:)

Good to see you back in the 5s range. My fish and chips expirememt seemed to keep me in the 6s FBG for 3 days - during day back down to 5s/4s. Didn't have bad effect on me that 3 slices of cake did!

Trying to catch up here after busy time at work - have missed all my new friends :) roll on 4 August when I kick back until the end of the month, August is all about French food and wine :) and not get too obsessed if I peak a littl higher while on holiday!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good to see you back in the 5s range. My fish and chips expirememt seemed to keep me in the 6s FBG for 3 days - during day back down to 5s/4s. Didn't have bad effect on me that 3 slices of cake did!

Trying to catch up here after busy time at work - have missed all my new friends :) roll on 4 August when I kick back until the end of the month, August is all about French food and wine :) and not get too obsessed if I peak a littl higher while on holiday!

Yes I'm very pleased. Defo proving trickier in this testing carbs phase, I even had some 85% choc yesterday, so really pleased.

I was 5.1 at bed last night, so a good day all round.

I bet you can't wait for your hols...have a really great time:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ooo...ooo...oooo... Just heard my new car has arrived at the dealer and is now having some extras fitted. Being delivered next week....typically happy make....can't wait:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Wine doesnt do it for my bgs no matter the vine or alcohol level. However the cheese makes my fbg 2mmol/l lower. I was too full from picnic so didnt fancy supper (cheese nibbles) last night so my fbg was 8.2 :( I've been running on 6s since restarting metformin and less insulin. I have to stick to my own advice and block my liver dump.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Well I found him to be pretty good hope he doesn't make a fibber of me. What have they done now Judith says make a complaint even the staff are getting fed up with the system. I still have not heard any thing about my follow up for vascular the one they cancelled was several weeks over due,though have a CT angiogram booked for next month.

One of the consultants at Judith's department had a stroke the other day which upset every one as she is a very nice person, only 44, two children.
I'm not happy with the care or lack of care in this case that Ron is getting . The letter from ophthalmology department yesterday was the last straw.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My 3 huge Tree Ferns have just arrived from New Zealand and will be with me next Tuesday. I've just been told they weigh 100kg + each....better hire a strong extra pair of hands and a "sack trolley" to move them to the garden. Photos to follow as I get the best workout I've had in a long time. Bought 500litres of John Innes 2 today to plant them into.

They require 20 gallons of water each per day until we hit Autumn....ouch for my water bill:)

Reactions: 5 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Entertaining time in the supermarket.. Not my usual one.

Disapproving yummy mummy pontificating to child, who wanted some cream, about how bad it was.

Me, just loading up my basket with cheese/cream/full fat Greek yogurt supplies, gets the glares from both of them. "Oh, I disagree" I said cheerfully, "You should've seen how large I was when I stuck to low-fat stuff. I'm loads smaller and much healthier since I switched to full -fat."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
good evening, to all my friends,

I'm at the library this evening which is open until 8pm.

this morning my blood glucose reading was 6.3 on fasting, and I've had other ones of 5.9, 5.4 and one hyperglycaemic one after sugary coffee of 8.5.

I feel very well today. today in south London, the sky has been a bit overcast but although muggy and close it's been dry.

Reactions: 5 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I put a complaint in to Kingsmill hospital about Rons x ray taking 4 weeks to get the results they have just responded tonight. I put the complaint in on the 19th May.

D

debrasue

I put a complaint in to Kingsmill hospital about Rons x ray taking 4 weeks to get the results they have just responded tonight. I put the complaint in on the 19th May.
I think that's pretty much normal Tina. I put in a complaint about my local hospital a couple of years ago and it took them nearly four months to get back to me. And it was never resolved to my satisfaction anyway.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening everyone, I know cereal bars are bad but anyone got any ideas what kind of bars I can eat if needed, as I have to go out & need to carry somat simple in my Bag. Thanks hope everyone's well

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I think that's pretty much normal Tina. I put in a complaint about my local hospital a couple of years ago and it took them nearly four months to get back to me. And it was never resolved to my satisfaction anyway.
The reply I got was mainly apologising for taking so long in replying to my complaint. They now want me to tell them if there has been any problems because of the delay with the x ray results and how they can improve the service.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Evening everyone, I know cereal bars are bad but anyone got any ideas what kind of bars I can eat if needed, as I have to go out & need to carry somat simple in my Bag. Thanks hope everyone's well
Hi Maureen I tend to have the alpen light bars in my lunch box for work 4g of sugar per bar they don't affect me to badly
Plus some of the flavours like the bakewell tart and chocolate & fudge are dangerously tasty take me back to when used to eat the real thing