Type 1 & Clomid

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Has anyone taken clomid to aid fertility and what did it do to your sugar levels?

Also if your sugar levels changed what adjustments did you make to your insulin?

I would just like some information to pass along to someone. They are on a pump.

Many thanks

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bumping this for,you @Patch13 If you don't get replies here, I can move it to the Pregnancy section. There are women here who've taken Clomid. Perhaps you could try a Search and see what threads come up?

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Azure thanks for the bump. I tried a search but couldn't find a lot on the effects of clomid. If you think it'll get more response in the pregnancy section then I'm happy for it to be moved. Thanks again

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've moved it for you @Patch13 and I've left a redirect in Type 1 too. Hopefully you'll get some replies later : )

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Patch13 No replies yet, but I think, from looking at past threads, that some members have found that Clomid can raise the blood sugar.

Your friend won't know how it'll affect them until they start taking it, but it might be something they would want to,discuss in advance with their DSN to make sure they're confident about what to do if it does put their levels up. If they're only going to be taking it for a few days per month, then they could perhaps use a temp basal if any highs are only on those few days they're taking it.

I think like with any drug that can affect your hormones, the response can be individual.

Kateyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there! I was on clomid but I don't remember it having much of an impact on sugars although saying that it may be because it didn't work for me that I didn't notice a big change. Obviously if your friend is trying to get pregnant she will be closely monitoring her BS to keep in pregnancy targets and while undergoing fertility treatment of any kind she needs to test test test to spot any changes to BS. As @azure says anything hormone related is likely to have some effect but everyone is different. Hope it is successful for her!

Reactions: 2 people