Can A Person With Readings Around 6 Mmol Live A Long Healthy Life?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The question I'd like to ask is what effect getting blood sugars down to the prediabetes range or below would have on people who have already gotten complications like many of the folks who have come to this forum after being diabetic over five to ten years.

I'd like to see which protocols have a positive effect on already existing heart disease, neuropathies, eye problems, dental issues, edema, kidney and liver diseases, skin and skeletal concerns.

There are an amazing number of newly diagnosed people on this forum. Some of them have never taken diabetes medications or heart medications, etc. or are on them for a short time.

There are people on here no longer able to exercise in the classic way, people who can no longer drive, people in wheelchairs and people housebound, people unable to get to or afford some of the more exotic diets on here.

I'd like to see some stories and championing of the long timers. There is wisdom in the struggles

Well as I had retinopathy, neuropathy and kidney damage when diagnosed and have now reduced my HbA1c to 38 and generally lowered my Blood sugars to normal range I hope in time to be able to answer that but only time will tell I hope my complications will disappear but who can tell.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
why do you ask? Most diabetics would love to have readings 5-6, if slightly on the low side of normal. . If you do get any diabetic side effects its unlikely to be because of diabetes. Dont worry about it!

Just curious really