Recipe ideas

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Hi can anyone help me with some recipe ideas. I'm extremely fussy. I currently eat no veg or fruit. I mainly eat chicken or beef but not much else in the way of meat.
I'm currently on a 20g carbs limit for breakfast and 50g each for lunch and dinner. Not allowed to snack in between.
Finding it hard to mix it up very much.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Veg is a good way to bulk out meals and is mainly very low in carbs, as well as being good for you and baby, of course :) Is there any veg you like? Salad?

Breakfast coukd be berries and Greek yoghurt, or cheese in toast, or hard boiled egg and bread and butter
Lunch - sandwich with protein and maybe a glass of milk
Tea - curry with measured amount of rice according to your carb limit, or chilli with small rice portion, or salmon fillet and baked potato (weigh to check carbs) or Spaghetti Bolognese with small amount of pasta (weigh it again)

You may find your clinic has some meal suggestions. Have you seen a dietician?
How many weeks pregnant are you? :)

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Hi, thanks guys.
Dairy I am trying to get in my 3 portions. I have quite a lot of cheddar cheese in general. I eat a muller light yoghurt every day.
I'm having either cheese or scrambled egg on 1 slice Brown bread toast every morning.
For lunch I've been having 4 high fibre crackers with either cheese or philedelphia, a cheesestring, a muller yoghurts and a pack of crisps (choosing ones that are less than 10g carbs). If sugar levels is low prior to lunch I also have a cereal bar.
For dinner I'm just having some form of meat (chicken/sausage/beef mince/gammon/bacon) cheese every now and then depending on whether I had cheese at lunch. Then potato unless I have fry up as then I have toast/fried slice.

No don't eat any fruit or veg what so ever. Haven't for about 13 years or more.

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Veg is a good way to bulk out meals and is mainly very low in carbs, as well as being good for you and baby, of course :) Is there any veg you like? Salad?

Breakfast coukd be berries and Greek yoghurt, or cheese in toast, or hard boiled egg and bread and butter
Lunch - sandwich with protein and maybe a glass of milk
Tea - curry with measured amount of rice according to your carb limit, or chilli with small rice portion, or salmon fillet and baked potato (weigh to check carbs) or Spaghetti Bolognese with small amount of pasta (weigh it again)

You may find your clinic has some meal suggestions. Have you seen a dietician?
How many weeks pregnant are you? :)
Yes I have seen a dietician and I've followed the first set of changes. Swap white for Brown. No cereal at breakfast. Eat more protein - eggs. 3 portions of dairy minimum. Only 3 meals - no snacks. 20g breakfast 50 for lunch and dinner. Keep trying fruit and veg different ways to try and find something I like.
I'm 28 weeks nearly 29. Found out about gd at week 26. Sugar levels are stable for now on the advice / low carb diet. Just want some variation.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok :) I have Type 1 but when I was first diagnosed I got hung up on focussing on the carbs and forgot I could add protein and fat, so my meals were quite boring.

I would imagine your breakfast is the trickiest because 20g carbs isn't a lot. 50g gives you much more freedom.

Please excuse me because I love veg :D But how about something like stuffed red pepper (the pepper goes almost sweet when it's baked) or a stir fry with some broccoli (very healthy for you and baby). You can add protein of your choice and serve with rice or noodles. Try some raw veg like cauliflower or grated carrot with some cheese and red onion mixed in. You can even eat red cabbage raw. Grate it along with some grated carrot or apple and add a lemony dressing. Add veg to curry.

If you browse online or in recipe books and find some recipes you fancy, they can quite often be adjusted to allow for your carb amounts. Maybe get some attractive books from the library and have a look through? Even if you only find a few recipes you like, that'd be good.

A beef casserole with some added veg or veg to accompany it? Homemade chicken and veg soup? If you purée it up the veg will just blend in.

For fruit, I like berries, but try sliced apple, half a ripe mango, a sweet nectarine, etc. Sometimes chilling fruit can make it really refreshing in this hot weather.