Lack of Motovation

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone
I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes for about ten years now. My weight has fluctuated wildly during this time. Mostly I'm overweight.
Today I was toldI was obese at 14 stone. I was also advised to start a third medication and, if that doesn't work, start on insulin.
I'm off sick with depression at the moment and my motivation to change is really poor. I can't be bothered to get off my bum most days and am eating and drinking too much.
I was wondering if anyone else had experienced thus and would be willing to give me some ideas to kick start my diet / exercise / healthy lifestyle.
Many thanks, in advance.
Best wishes
Steve

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Think we have all been there at some point. However if you want to put on more weight then insulin will do it for you.
Have a good look round the forum, and check out low carb high fat, you might just see that its not all bad. Also getting out for a walk really does get the old endorphins going.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.

The eating, depression, apathy, overeating and uncontrolled blood glucose are all connected, like a house of cards, they all shore each other up.

If you can manage to kick one of them, then the others may lose their hold, or at least feel much less crushing.

How about picking one of them and taking it step by step, and seeing if you can tackle it?

I think that the eating, overeating and blood glucose are all interlinked, and can be tackled together.
In your place, i would be looking at dietary advice on low carbing on www.dietdoctor.com and fasting on Jason Fung's blog https://intensivedietarymanagement.com

But most of all, please understand that you aren't alone. We may not all be in your situation, but diabetes is closely associated with everything you have talked about, and we've all experienced some, if not all, of your issues.