My low carb/IF Diet - BG and progress

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm psychologically missing food, otherwise feel good. Had another restless night and was up a few times so FBG was higher today at 6.0. The scales have spoken and everything is moving where it should be and how. I'm really pleased

Visceral fat is also decreasing along with my waistline. Off for a trek in the local meadows with a friend and her kids. Hopefully it'll be a lovely, stress free day if everyone behaves. I'll put my ribs in the slow cooker so they'll be ready when we get home. I don't think I'll be able to eat much but will see how I feel later.

Have a good day!
D x

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did it!!! Made it to 72hrs. I am proud of myself and can't believe I made it. Physically, I was hungry rarely - just had some salt water and magnesium to help with electrolytes and alleviate cramps.

Going back to very small portions of food now - dinner was three ribs I'd had cooking away while we were out for the day.

JenniferG

When you break your fast, you just take a few nibbles at first and wait a while right? Heard it was important to break it slowly. I've never went beyond 23 hours yet though. Perhaps I should though. As my fasting blood sugars aren't nearly as good as yours.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea but common sense tells me to go slow . I figured the meat on three ribs was minimal but I am totally full up! Shocker.

My bg's were higher when I was heavier and I noticed a drop at 10% fat loss, but we're all so different. When I tried skipping breakfast, it did nothing for me bg wise. I've read a few places that lunchtime to lunchtime is good but I'm not sure as I'd be at work....would certainly make evenings easier!

Keep doing what you're doing and let yourself text it out for a few weeks before changing. Longer fasts are definitely easier once we are keto adapted.

Xx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I got a lovely 5.5 fasting reading. Pleased with that. Feeling really good today - had a pretty good nights sleep after our day out in the sun yesterday followed with a lot of walking through the meadows.

Just had bacon, scrambled eggs and avocado for breakfast. Hopefully I won't see any side effects as portion was small. I'm so full!

Going to look at my body stars now and asses how the fast has helped me.

D x

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I got a lovely 5.5 fasting reading. Pleased with that. Feeling really good today - had a pretty good nights sleep after our day out in the sun yesterday followed with a lot of walking through the meadows.

Just had bacon, scrambled eggs and avocado for breakfast. Hopefully I won't see any side effects as portion was small. I'm so full!

Going to look at my body stars now and asses how the fast has helped me.

D x
Well done Debs.. great to see you are getting some good results. Keep up the great work!
Regards
M

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Debs.. great to see you are getting some good results. Keep up the great work!
Regards
M

Gets better. I've lost 3.5kg in a week, lost fat - 1.4%, lean mass increased by 0.7kg. FBG down by 3.3 (after splurge at last week) or more realistically, down 2.1 from a normal day's eating. Visceral fat down by 3 (don't know what market is used but that's fine with me!)

I think I therefore conclude I have had bloody amazing results!!

There's no doubt that fasting with low carbing works. Not a thing to do all the time but definitely helped shift things about a bit more. I'm now going back to alternate 14 hour fasts for the rest of the month.

Thank you to all of you for your support!

D x

Reactions: Serena51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gets better. I've lost 3.5kg in a week, lost fat - 1.4%, lean mass increased by 0.7kg. FBG down by 3.3 (after splurge at last week) or more realistically, down 2.1 from a normal day's eating. Visceral fat down by 3 (don't know what market is used but that's fine with me!)

There's no doubt that fasting with low carbing works. Not a thing to do all the time but definitely helped shift things about a bit more. I'm now going back to alternate 14 hour fasts for the rest of the month.

D x
Bloody amazing indeed... I'm doing bacon only this week once a day 10-12 rashers.. trying to get well into ketosis. Not exactly a hardship!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do love this lifestyle. Even though it's been on/off for 2 years, I still can't believe it. I really wish I'd known about it in my 20s

JenniferG

D x
How do you check your lean mass? I'd like to know how my muscle is affected by my diet.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you check your lean mass? I'd like to know how my muscle is affected by my diet.

Hi Jen

I treated myself to some Bluetooth scales that analyse loads of body stars and syncs with my phone. I got them from eBay and they were about £22 so inexpensive . Hated them at first but now appreciate my journey more as I've seen the changes to my composition. It also gets me through stalls so I can see that fat is off and that encourages me to continue x

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very sleepless night and had to deal with carnage from eldest's nose bleed so didn't test FBG. Back to 24hr fasting.

Getting ready for our summer trip up to Cumbria to see my best friend who I've not seen in years! Looking forward to it but have a long list of things to do before we go....

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much to update - bg is pretty stable but I've been stressing out a bit too much about life and haven't done any exercise at all to keep the endorphins topped up and calming yoga. I will try to squeeze some in today before packing for our 6 day trip to Cumbria. So much to do.

I'm going to take some nuts and scratchings with me in case of emergencies!! I can't really bring anything else low carb as I won't have a fridge. Didn't occur to me how much stuff I eat now needs refrigeration!

Still on track and back to alternate 24 hr fast days. Today is one of them.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Not much to update - bg is pretty stable but I've been stressing out a bit too much about life and haven't done any exercise at all to keep the endorphins topped up and calming yoga. I will try to squeeze some in today before packing for our 6 day trip to Cumbria. So much to do.

I'm going to take some nuts and scratchings with me in case of emergencies!! I can't really bring anything else low carb as I won't have a fridge. Didn't occur to me how much stuff I eat now needs refrigeration!

Still on track and back to alternate 24 hr fast days. Today is one of them.

Hi Debmcgee,enjoy your trip to cumbria,

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are back from a lovely trip away. Spent some wonderful quality time with my bestie and kids had a great time too. Eating was moderately controlled but there were a few treats here and there but I was prepared for that.

Went to a party yesterday and drank a lot of rose wine. Can't stand the stuff now - tastes far too sweet! I'm feeling rather sluggish and cannot wait to get back into IFing again with low carb. I'm starting today with a 20 hr fast and will eat dinner at around 6. I'm actually really looking forward to feeling cleansed again on the inside.

I took a few readings whilst I was away and I was quite impressed that my carb tolerance had increased a fair bit since doing the longer fasts which was encouraging. I could even tolerate a pint of lager!! I really enjoyed that

What I cannot tolerate is bloody rose wine! I used to love the stuff but I guess the tastebuds have changed...

People at the party I went to last night were shocked at how narrow I was looking! To be honest, so am I! My friend took a few full body shots of me and for once in my life I wasn't disgusted! Big win there.

Hope you've all been well. I'll go catch up with everything when I get the chance.

D x

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what's wrong with me and feel really anxious at the moment. Can't shake the feeling of some sort of trouble ahead. It could just be the end of summer burnout, **** from the ex or just me worrying about childcare while I work two days. Youngest is giving me so much grief for having to send them to a childminder for ONE day . Honestly, it's not like I've done nothing with them this summer!

I've not managed to do any yoga or exercise these last few days. Perhaps that's not helping either and I should do some yoga....

Thank god I'm not emotionally eating any more or I'd be the size of a house!!!

Finding it tricky to get into the swing of things since visiting my best friend . Seeing her again after a couple of years made me realise how much I love spending time with her and family. They're so lovely. Tempted to sell up and move up there...I don't think I ever would but how amazing it would be to be closer to my kindred spirit?!?!

Anyway, all good here apart from stressing over nothing....

D x

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still plugging away. Losing weight but bg is higher lately which I'm putting down to stress. Hoping that now we're all back at school, routine can be restored and I can calm down.

It's my youngest's birthday on Sunday so lots of temptation ahead but I'be been very focussed these last few weeks and am prepared for it all.

Been busy so not had much time to myself therefore not been posting lately.

Hope you're all doing well
D x

Reactions: Countryside_Yoyo_

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently 26 hours into my latest three day fast. Made bone broth and it's not bad! That'll be 'lunch' tomorrow!!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my latest hba1c results back - I'm down to 38 which is 5.6 in old money. Pretty pleased with that and will stop worrying about monitor readings that never get below 6. Clearly what I'm doing is working so I just need to work on exercise and stress. BP is ok so all is well in my world medically speaking.

Eating is under control and I'm still not straying. I'd have been low carb/keto for a year in late December. I feel like my life has changed forever. I'm 26kg down and people at work have made some truly wonderful comments which is also encouraging.

X

Reactions: Indy51

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my latest hba1c results back - I'm down to 38 which is 5.6 in old money. Pretty pleased with that and will stop worrying about monitor readings that never get below 6. Clearly what I'm doing is working so I just need to work on exercise and stress. BP is ok so all is well in my world medically speaking.

Eating is under control and I'm still not straying. I'd have been low carb/keto for a year in late December. I feel like my life has changed forever. I'm 26kg down and people at work have made some truly wonderful comments which is also encouraging.

X

Gosh, that's all great news Debs. How much is that HbA1c down on last time?