Useless ruddy Pharmacies

MarkE

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo
You know, I could very easily lose all faith in pharmacies...

A week or so back, Rowlands Pharmacy told me that they had no Glibenclamide in stock but if they filled the rest of my prescription I could come back and get the final item.

Today, they blithely inform me that they "might" get more in by December(!!!). I found myself pointing out that diabetics tend to need their medication rather more urgently than gaps of over a month might allow- at which the only response was t...hat I'd have o get a prescription for something else, then...

Nice to know this condition is so trivial.

S

Shar67

Boots used to do that with my painkillers, they blamed manufacturer, I ended up getting them from hospital pharmacy.
I then changed from boots to a local pharmacy and haven't had any problems.

Reactions: MarkE

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, try a local pharmacy. My village Lloyds has never failed to get the occasional shortage in the following day.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

A week or so back, Rowlands Pharmacy told me that they had no Glibenclamide in stock but if they filled the rest of my prescription I could come back and get the final item.

Today, they blithely inform me that they "might" get more in by December(!!!). I found myself pointing out that diabetics tend to need their medication rather more urgently than gaps of over a month might allow- at which the only response was t...hat I'd have o get a prescription for something else, then...

I can relate to this - where I live my workplace Health plan cover all my diabetes supplies (thank goodness for that) but I require a prescription from my doctor and if I'm late getting my prescription renewed my pharmacy in the past has refused to serve me.
This happened with my test strips once so I just walked out of the store and bought them somewhere else - I was lucky to have that choice,

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

If it were me I would ring the manufacturer and ask if there is a supply shortage, if there isn't they will send some to your pharmacy. Other option is to ask GP for a prescription so you can present it at another pharmacy (first checking that pharmacy has the medication)

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always have problems with the pharmacy and my medication always needs re authorising which is a waste of doctors time as i am always going to need it! Took me 4 months for them to give me the right type of insulin as well! Rant over :)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I have multiple items I ask the Pharmacist if they can fulfill the entire script before handing it to them

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes i have switched pharmacies twice now finally getting a decent service