Crohn's et al

patchworks101

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic
Feeling p'd off at the moment so apologies in advance.
I've had Crohn's disease for nearly 20 years now and thought I'd got used to the regular flare-ups but this one has really got me knocked for six. It doesn't help that I have Lymes disease as well and my BSs are all over the place. I can be almost hyper and an hour later I'm hypo. The blood loss with every loo visit doesn't help!
Sorry for the rant, just feeling sorry for myself today and it's not fair ranting at my better half all the time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds beyond awful.
Crohns is bad enough.
T1 as well is probably too much for anyone, dammit.
Lymes on top? Unbearable.

Blimey, rant way! You will be REALLY needing it.

And have a hug too. You may be needing that more.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As others have said, hugs to you and rant away!!!

Just curious if you eat any grains or dairy? There's a great video on another thread about gluten. Many have healed witha gluten/ dairy free diet. It sure helped my IBS

Glad you're on the upswing!

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have Ulcerative Colitis and last week I had a flare up. K felt like rubbish in every respect. The blood loss and exhaustion made my BG levels were sky high then plunged. First time for me very scary. Have a blood test tomorrow and then a fight for a Dr appointment. I am guessing the loo visits, a long term at school and BG all over the place means that we feel very rough. My BG level are better today. Good luck. X

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope your flare ends for you soon.... rant away. I have some friends who have crohns and they let me know how awful it is. It seems to deplete you of nutrients too. It is hard dealing with multiple health conditions. I relate to the BGL roller coaster ride. I'm dealing with a flare at the moment, plus today another spasm attack and BP and heart rate too high. I'm drugged up but still not better. Sick of it at times. At least know we all understand here... always feel free to vent when you want. Hugs.