Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the feeling.

I had been doing the 5:2 for a couple of weeks and felt sure I would have lost weight as I had been very good (for me) ... together with the walking and water aerobics ... was not happy when in week 3 I had actually put on a kilo ....

It is very frustrating, isn't it?

Can't tell you how many different combinations of intermittent fasting, calorie bumps and dips, and other dietary adjustments I have tried over the last year or so - all to no avail. Weight staying relatively constant.

Then the last month or so I have gone strictly gluten free, and found the weight has started to drift downwards again.

Madness, I say.

Anyway, just wanted to say you are not alone, and it is astonishing the weird and wonderful non-calorie related things that can sometimes block weight loss.

VictorVillalobos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is very frustrating, isn't it?

Can't tell you how many different combinations of intermittent fasting, calorie bumps and dips, and other dietary adjustments I have tried over the last year or so - all to no avail. Weight staying relatively constant.

Then the last month or so I have gone strictly gluten free, and found the weight has started to drift downwards again.

Madness, I say.

Anyway, just wanted to say you are not alone, and it is astonishing the weird and wonderful non-calorie related things that can sometimes block weight loss.

Here is what worked for me to lose weight -even though I did not want to!-
0. Fasting for 16-18 hours and exercising before finishing the fasting, igh intensitive interval training.
1. Keep low carb diet.
2. Eliminate foods that trigger even the minimal allergy in my body /wheat/. That changed intestinal microbiota.
I thing you already tested that, right?
What about adding the big breakfast, little dinner part? I heard that works even bettter for women.