Please can we have a forum section on reactive hypoglycaemia?

nailchewer

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negativity
I have found that i need to limit carbs, increase fats and veg to keep a 5.8 bg reading. I am type 2 and not overweight. I swim most days and am very active in the garden an on the allotment. I have also found that eating
little and often is better than 3 meals for me.
Nothing after 8pm .
When i say limit carbs i mean limit maximum of 1 slice of chia bread a day maximum and 2 oz of a bran cereal. I cook from scratch and have a large desert of stewed apples and make my own custard with whole milk and no sugar every day. I love apples and custard. I use soya for all other drinks. Hope this helps

lindisfel

Expert
I have found that i need to limit carbs, increase fats and veg to keep a 5.8 bg reading. I am type 2 and not overweight. I swim most days and am very active in the garden an on the allotment. I have also found that eating
little and often is better than 3 meals for me.
Nothing after 8pm .
When i say limit carbs i mean limit maximum of 1 slice of chia bread a day maximum and 2 oz of a bran cereal. I cook from scratch and have a large desert of stewed apples and make my own custard with whole milk and no sugar every day. I love apples and custard. I use soya for all other drinks. Hope this helps
That diet would peak my blood glucose, a large desert of stewed apples would push me over the top on carbs! If I eat apples at all the max I have in one sitting is a quarter of an apple! regards Derek