Dislikes
Vegetables
Reactions: Jillytee

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Viv0147 . Fantastic. I was diagnosed on 30 September 2016 and went Low carb high fat straight away. Thanks to the support here and stories like yours, 40 days in I've lost over a stone, and not felt hungry or like I'm missing out at all.

A way for life...:D

Reactions: Prem51 and Jillytee

Jillytee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Viv, well done that man ! you did it your way, and it is so encouraging to know it can be done by your own investigation.

Jillytee I too am trying to do it my own way of exploring the LCHF diet without using fixed recipes or foodplans, I read somewhere on the forum that a low carb diet is around 50g of carbs per day, which is what I now aim for, less than 20g is considered very low carb and brings other concerns into play, so I am happy to do 40 - 60g per day. I got a fitbit which you put all your food intake into, and the end of each day it summarises carbs, protein etc so there is no tedious totting up ! I beleive other diet apps do the same. I am losing weight, not steadily, in jumps and stops which is odd as i am seeing visible waistline changes.
I'm waiting till my next blood test at GP before I put my results on here, as i am not monitoring it and i keep forgetting to take my metformin. While I am losing weight I'm not too concerned.
I haven't been counting my carbs mainly because I didn't know how low I should go. I've just kept it to an absolute minimum most days, so glad to hear that 50g is about right ! I'll reassess what I can have.. also I will stat using my husbands fitbit (he doesn't use it)! I've started doing 30-40 mins brisk exercise most days too which seems to help with the weight loss and fitness. Ha ha going on a 16 day cruise on Sunday so will have to be mega strong ... will post how I get on.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Great websites, the low carb one is exactly what I've been looking for.... thank you
You're welcome. I'm pretty close to zero carbs now and that works for me. I don't follow the Diet Doctor's low carb diet anymore, although it worked great for me when I did.

cusally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Crowds, noisy places
hope u have a lovly cruise Jillytee, I love my fitbit, the info it sends to my phone and PC is very motivating and supportive rather than making me feel guilty, and its a bit ridiculous how much it perks me up when i get stars and badge prizes, but it works for me !! I didnt realise initially till my GP explained that the recommendation to exercise is all about improving circulation, not a fitness regime reason, so slow walking is just as good, a cruise ship should allow you lots of circuits hopefully

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm very impressed @Viv0147 .

I relaxed lchf diet due to no weight loss. A hotel on holiday had to compete with my lchf cooking for satiety. They failed miserably. Looking forward to my 2nd attempt at 30g carb lchf. I hope I get your success? I doubt it since I have 2 other medical conditions which add weight. God loves a trier! I'm definitely one of them. Ha ha

Reactions: Prem51

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
thank you I an now trying a lchf but I am finding I am craving carbs. My son says it just withdrawal symptons.
The carb cravings should go away in a week or so...if you don't cheat.

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Fantastic - well done. I am 63 and after 40 years of dieting and never getting anywhere I gave up at 50. Last January I was told I was pre-diabetic and immediately changed my diet, found this website and miracles of miracles I have now lost 2 stone 4 lbs on the low carb high fat diet!!!!! It definitely works - AMEN!!!!!