13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
And I'm off up the Fife coast to do some Christmas shopping in Kirkcaldy, even though it's winter we'll carry on to a seaside town called Leven for lunch at a café overlooking the beach! There you are - Christmas shopping and memories of summer all in the one day. Oh and we'll be back in time to pick up son no 3 and bring him home for dinner with us too. A busy, happy day. Hope everyone has an equally good day with minimal pain and illnesses. Enjoy the craft fair Barbara and the pj morning Vicki

Reactions: Freema

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
3/12 - Good Morning from a dull York. Hope everyone has a good day, and hugs to all the poorly people :).
Other half has gone to help out at a Craft Fair, so I will have till 6pm to do what I want :D.

D

debrasue

Morning peeps! It's much milder in S Glos this morning and the sun is trying to peep through the clouds.
I have to work today, but that's OK as it will help offset some of the Christmas bills!
The TTs enjoyed decorating the little tree for the hallway yesterday and I got the other one finished, so it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas now chez debrasue. :)
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and the poorly peeps are starting to feel a bit better.
Hugs to all xx

005.JPG 004.JPG 20161203_101717.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You seem better ickihun. Fantastic eh!
Loads better. Thank you @asparagusp . Multivitamins and vit c kicked my lergy into just a small cold now. I can cope with that. Thrush attack due to vit c thou. That never gets easier. I've had 40yrs of it, off and on.
Keeping bgs low is helping. Once I hit 7.8mmol/l ish the thrush attacks.

A

asparagusp

Loads better. Thank you @asparagusp . Multivitamins and vit c kicked my lergy into just a small cold now. I can cope with that. Thrush attack due to vit c thou. That never gets easier. I've had 40yrs of it, off and on.
Keeping bgs low is helping. Once I hit 7.8mmol/l ish the thrush attacks.

I hope you are eating loads of probiotics to fight that wee bird!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope you are eating loads of probiotics to fight that wee bird!
That's just it. I wasn't eating much, ran myself into the ground. I'll pick up some probiotics on tuesday. Not shopping til then now. :(

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Waiting for no 3 son to get his coat on - we had a lovely day so far, we drove out of thick white fog into glorious winter sunshine further up the coast 10 deg so mild. Some Christmas shopping done and enjoyed lunch of chicken and not much else:arghh: overlooking the sea. Also managed a little stroll along the esplanade before driving back to pick up said son. 98% sausages and oven chips for my "boys" huge omelette and sausage for me followed by an enormous bowl of Greek yoghurt - can you tell that I'm hungry? Hello William @Liam1955 hope that you are behaving yourself without R to keep an eye on you. Debra - your pile of gifts is eye-popping. Our Christmas decorations don't go up until the 15th - after hubby's birthday - that's long enough for me:)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning from Central Scotland where the sun is just beginning to rise (7.50am) its cold and misty so it's the heavy fleece for our walk this morning. Busy day ahead so appreciate the calm of walking in the woods before diving into the fray. Best wishes to all for a good day today with minimal pain

Reactions: ickihun and Freema

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, it's frosty outside but the brilliant winter sunshine makes up for it. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my lovely mum, I hope everyone else enjoys their day too

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Morning all just 3 days into weening of the meds and already feeling it still got 2 more meds to get down before the switch to patches going to be a long few weeks getting the system built up again .
Have a good day all and don't forget my prayers Anne @13lizanne will need then more now

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4/12 - Good Morning from a grey and cold York. Hope you all enjoy your day, Hugs to the poorly people :). R gone out to chop tree into logs for Daughters log burning fire - so, I am left to do whatever I want today:D!!

Reactions: Freema and debrasue

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all just 3 days into weening of the meds and already feeling it still got 2 more meds to get down before the switch to patches going to be a long few weeks getting the system built up again .
Have a good day all and don't forget my prayers Anne @13lizanne will need then more now
You've got them Ron xx

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Thanks Anne the real struggle comes tomorrow when I start cutting down pain relief

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'll remember Ron, William is doing the same, slowly weaning himself off the morphine so you are not in this alone and I'll be praying for you both xx

Reactions: debrasue

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Thank You Anna your prayers are working, I nearly went for the Morphine this afternoon, but I didn't - took a Tramadol instead. So, I am pleased to say had NO Morphine at all today. I am determined to get off all pain killers as soon as possible, because I keep thinking of the 'damage' they are doing to my Fatty Liver Disease. William x:) @eldergarth - Ron, It is hard at first just keep your mind focused and it does get better by the day. William:)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@13lizanne - Thank You Anna your prayers are working, I nearly went for the Morphine this afternoon, but I didn't - took a Tramadol instead. So, I am pleased to say had NO Morphine at all today. I am determined to get off all pain killers as soon as possible, because I keep thinking of the 'damage' they are doing to my Fatty Liver Disease. William x:) @eldergarth - Ron, It is hard at first just keep your mind focused and it does get better by the day. William:)
Thanks William and Anne the biggest hurdle is when my lower spine cracks the pain is so intense as you know William so far the tremors/seizures muscle spasms have not been to bad but have just done my meds for the next week and that cuts my gabapentin down to 3 and conazepam down to 1 a day .
Well done William on your success just hope I can follow in your shoes

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@eldergarth - Ron, I have confidence that you can do it:). I bought a Thermal- Heat Back Belt £6.50 a few days ago, it is a self-heating and takes 20 minutes of wearing it to heat up and it helps, and just as good as those Heat Pads I was buying from Home Bargains. I wear it from when I get up till bedtime. And in bed I have a hot water bottle that I place against my back. I find the heat helps to ease some of the pain for me.
I will send out 'Healing Thoughts' to you. - William :)

Reactions: Freema and debrasue