Good Morning

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Someone should be helping, surely? Can your practice nurse not give you support?
I'm not very happy about you struggling like this. Something should be done!
My gp practice could definitely shame yours. They need shaming into helping. I think because you don't live alone your not as vunerable as others so they prioritize the elderly and more vunerable Ron. I guess this is the nhs now.
My partner has different problems so he is classed as vunerable. I guess all practices have their own way of doing things. Might be worth making an appointment with practice manage to find out WHAT your gp practice CAN do for you hun?
The occupational therapist are supposed to be contacting me this week to arrange visit so maybe for the better if they see me like this doesn't feel like it know

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Someone should be helping, surely? Can your practice nurse not give you support?
I'm not very happy about you struggling like this. Something should be done!
My gp practice could definitely shame yours. They need shaming into helping. I think because you don't live alone your not as vunerable as others so they prioritize the elderly and more vunerable Ron. I guess this is the nhs now.
My partner has different problems so he is classed as vunerable. I guess all practices have their own way of doing things. Might be worth making an appointment with practice manage to find out WHAT your gp practice CAN do for you hun?
Morning Vicky , I was speaking to my brother at the weekend . His girlfriend is a practice manager down in Poole my home town and it's just as bad down there . One thing I was really shocked to hear was that they are closing the A&E department at Poole hospital and transferring everything to Bournemouth A&E , this to me is ludicrous . Bournemouth won't be able to cope . My old gp surgery has been put into special measures . Makes you wonder what is happening to our health service.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well that was an exhilarating outing. My bg has dropped to 3.9 with my exertion in the frosty air, time for a cuppa methinks

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
6/12 - Good Morning Everybody from a dull, miserable and cold York. Hugs those who are not well. And hope everyone else is well and enjoy the day. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well that was an exhilarating outing. My bg has dropped to 3.9 with my exertion in the frosty air, time for a cuppa methinks
Wow. Mine always increases but I've seen some recent posts stating once your body gets used to the stress of the new exercise it starts lowering the bgs instead of increasing. Has your walking always lowered your bgs Anna?
I remember coming back from a new gym induction last year and my bg increased to 11.2 from 7.4 at start. I wasn't amused. Gym instructed hadnt seen such an increase, which I was surprised as it was a diabetes get fitter referral. When I'm in less pain I will join my walking clubs and self monitor for 6wks. Very interesting on short-term hba1c result.
When I used to swim I had to eat protein before the hour exercise to counteract the high bg after drying off. Otherwise I found it counter productive. Loved my fun swims. In spring I'll be back at it. Too cold my local pool, it triggers sciatica in my right leg. Everytime. I'm still looking for a hotel which allows no resident 9yr olds in winter. I'll keep looking. Even aquatic centre used by athletes in Sunderland isn't warm enough for my underactive thyroid symptoms. Looking forward to Spring! :)

Reactions: Freema

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes Vicky, my walking almost always lowers my bg but not usually by much 0.5-1.5 at most. My fbg today was 5.1 I had 1 slice wholemeal toast (from a small sized loaf) buttered, with a cube of cheese for breakfast at 8am approx then went for an hour's walk at 9.30am my 3.9 bg was taken at approx 10.45. I have noticed, however, if I am walking really fast or running up and down stairs a lot my bg can rise for a short period before dropping again. I usually walk 2x daily for 40mins with longer walks when I'm only walking once per day. I keep to a pace where I'm slightly out of breath but can still talk as I walk. That was a long answer, sorry! Perhaps the gym is too stressful/strenuous for your BG levels? Gentler exercise should be effective. Good luck! @ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes Vicky, my walking almost always lowers my bg but not usually by much 0.5-1.5 at most. My fbg today was 5.1 I had 1 slice wholemeal toast (from a small sized loaf) buttered, with a cube of cheese for breakfast at 8am approx then went for an hour's walk at 9.30am my 3.9 bg was taken at approx 10.45. I have noticed, however, if I am walking really fast or running up and down stairs a lot my bg can rise for a short period before dropping again. I usually walk 2x daily for 40mins with longer walks when I'm only walking once per day. I keep to a pace where I'm slightly out of breath but can still talk as I walk. That was a long answer, sorry! Perhaps the gym is too stressful/strenuous for your BG levels? Gentler exercise should be effective. Good luck! @ickihun
Thanks Anna. I'm walking and constantly out of breath at mo but not due to building up exertion. I'm having a problem with breathlessness and dizziness. Cardiologist is investigating. I've never had breathing problems. My sister has asthma but not me. I've only been unfit once that I can remember. I know how that feels when your working your heart more to build up fitness and stanima. This is immediate breathlessness. Just getting up from rest. Strange, isn't it?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hopefully the cardiologist will get to the bottom of the problem Vicky, that must be quite frightening for you? @ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hopefully the cardiologist will get to the bottom of the problem Vicky, that must be quite frightening for you? @ickihun
I don't mind admitting - I'm scared! I'm going to distract myself til results come through and just try and stay as active as I can. Lergies have gone. I feel, nearly a new woman! lol

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good Morning to everyone , I hope your day is a good one :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning @PatsyB and everyone. Still black as pitch outside (7.50am) frost is gone though. Hope this will be a good day for everyone

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning guys!
9yr old has lergies and gone back to bed. 3yr old has nativity play this morning.
I wish I could be in 2 places at once. Daddy staying home for 30mins nativity should take, me thinks. My poor baby big boy :(

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, it's foggy again today but much warmer - we're getting up to 12 degrees this afternoon! If I wasn't so busy I'd be sunbathing later :D

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
7/12 - Good Morning from a wet and rainy York, but forecast says going to be Sunny this afternoon and reach 12 degrees. Hope Everybody is well today? Hugs to those who are poorly. :)

Reactions: Freema and debrasue

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's going to be warm again but this time we're getting clouds and rain with it. Yuk! I hate warm rain! Sending hugs to everyone who needs one xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
8/12 - Good Morning from a very grey, raining York. It's so 'dark' got all the lamps on! Hope Everybody is well and enjoy the day. Sending hugs to the poorly people, especially: @debrasue - @Diamum5972 - Barbara - and @PenfoldAPD Get Well Soon. :) And hope you - Vicky @ickihun are feeling much better after last night :)

Last edited:
Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

Morning, peeps!
It's grey and soggy here in the West Country this morning, which rather matches my mood today. (I've managed to acquire another streaming cold on top of the 6-week hacking cough I've got already, so I feel rather grey and soggy myself.) Thanks for your good wishes, William!
If I had my druthers today, I would probably have gone back to bed after my online shopping delivery arrived, but I've just discovered that I have to collect TT No 2 from school and look after her this afternoon, so that's not going to happen. :(
Oh well, roll on spring!
Hugs to all the poorly peeps, notably @eldergarth, @Liam1955, @PenfoldAPD, @Cumberland,
@ickihun, @maureen5752 and anyone else I have forgotten - for which my sincere apologies, but I'm blaming a head full of cotton wool this morning!
xx

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning guys!
I'm still unsettled so I'm waiting til I'm totally shattered before I go to bed.
So I thought I'd say hi incase I sleep a little later this morning and go straight into the afternoon after 2 pressing telephone calls are made. :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all....again awake till 2am then slept and up early this am grrrr

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Morning all....again awake till 2am then slept and up early this am grrrr

Very frustrating for you. My Vonnie often experiences the same thing ....me you can out me on a clothes line and I sleep soundly:)