Type 2 Life

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had raspberry jelly for breakfast - sugar free, of course. Nothing makes you feel better than jelly.

Reactions: foxy

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Evening, my good friends,

I had a lovely afternoon and ate 2 ham sandwiches each with no butter (I find the texture too greasy) made with Sainsbury's Basics 65 p ham and Bloomer crusty bread with sesame seeds on it. I ate these 2 sandwiches at 2 separate intervals throughout the course of the afternoon.

Musculoskeletal condition feels well and thanks to the gel and other pain-killers/muscle relaxants isn't causing me any pain.

I will keep consuming the "Devil Carbs"! They're very moreish and not healthy for my diabetes.

Have a lovely evening, my good friends.

Lots of love,

Johnny x X x

Reactions: Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas Eve and a Joyous Christmas Day.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends,

I had a good night's sleep last night. I awoke at approximately 3:30 Ante Meridian and had a blood glucose reading of 4.2 Millimoles Per Litre so I took Nurse Mary at the Diabetes Community Clinic's advice about eating a complex carbohydrate when my blood glucose level gets a bit low, although she also informed me on another occasion that I don't get hypoglycaemic episodes on my current 20 microgrammes of Lixisenatide which is a glucagon-like peptide insulin mimetic that manages my blood glucose levels, my eating/diet and manage my weight.

I had a cheese sandwich at approximately 3:45 Ante Meridian this morning with 2 Sainsbury's Basics Cheesy Singles and 2 slices of Bloomer Crusty Bread with sesame seeds.

This sent my blood glucose level up to 7.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

Just now, after taking my blood glucose level at 8:57 Ante Meridian to come to the library it was 4.5 Millimoles Per Litre.

I feel very encouraged by this and completely excited about opening my presents tomorrow morning when I wake up. I've got 1 from my friends Stephen and Mary, 1 from my church friend in Christ Church in North Finchley called Graham and 1 from his mother Wendy.

Happy Christmas to all my friends.

I won't be able to log on until Wednesday 28th December 2016 because the library is closed tomorrow, Boxing Day and all of Tuesday.

It is a very grey overcast day but it's not wet.

Love you lots

Johnny.

Reactions: ellagy and Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my good friends,

I had a good night's sleep last night. I awoke at approximately 3:30 Ante Meridian and had a blood glucose reading of 4.2 Millimoles Per Litre so I took Nurse Mary at the Diabetes Community Clinic's advice about eating a complex carbohydrate when my blood glucose level gets a bit low, although she also informed me on another occasion that I don't get hypoglycaemic episodes on my current 20 microgrammes of Lixisenatide which is a glucagon-like peptide insulin mimetic that manages my blood glucose levels, my eating/diet and manage my weight.

I had a cheese sandwich at approximately 3:45 Ante Meridian this morning with 2 Sainsbury's Basics Cheesy Singles and 2 slices of Bloomer Crusty Bread with sesame seeds.

This sent my blood glucose level up to 7.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

Just now, after taking my blood glucose level at 8:57 Ante Meridian to come to the library it was 4.5 Millimoles Per Litre.

I feel very encouraged by this and completely excited about opening my presents tomorrow morning when I wake up. I've got 1 from my friends Stephen and Mary, 1 from my church friend in Christ Church in North Finchley called Graham and 1 from his mother Wendy.

Happy Christmas to all my friends.

I won't be able to log on until Wednesday 28th December 2016 because the library is closed tomorrow, Boxing Day and all of Tuesday.

It is a very grey overcast day but it's not wet.

Love you lots

Johnny.
Merry Christmas @autisticwonder1970 and a happy new year. :)

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Just to say: I wish everyone a Merry Christmas Day. = William xx :)

Reactions: tina_marie

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Christmas to all my forum friends. Honestly this year would have been so much harder if I hadn't found this forum and learnt quickly how to tackle my diabetes. The support from,everyone here has been amazing, thank you.

Special thanks to @bulkbiker @ickihun @debrasue @walnut_face @callyandy @KevinPotts @Brunneria @Liam1955 and many many others for your continued support. It helps so much.

I'm having a relaxed, but moderate, Christmas - ok, I've already had pork pie - but will be swimming on Boxing Day and back to strict LCHF on the 27th. Let's see how long it takes to get back in the 5s.

Thank you, and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Happy Christmas to all my forum friends. Honestly this year would have been so much harder if I hadn't found this forum and learnt quickly how to tackle my diabetes. The support from,everyone here has been amazing, thank you.

Special thanks to @bulkbiker @ickihun @debrasue @walnut_face @callyandy @KevinPotts @Brunneria @Liam1955 and many many others for your continued support. It helps so much.

I'm having a relaxed, but moderate, Christmas - ok, I've already had pork pie - but will be swimming on Boxing Day and back to strict LCHF on the 27th. Let's see how long it takes to get back in the 5s.

Thank you, and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year x
Enjoy and be happy my lovely. :) :) :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm misbehaving big time....but will be back to strict LCHF and fanatical fitness in the New Year.

It's been great journeying with you all this year and because of the support and encouragement of so many of you, I am healthier than I've ever been:)

Happy Christmas and a Peaceful 2017

Reactions: kokhongw

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm misbehaving big time....but will be back to strict LCHF and fanatical fitness in the New Year.

It's been great journeying with you all this year and because of the support and encouragement of so many of you, I am healthier than I've ever been:)

Merry Christmas , your one of my inspirations. I take your experience with me into 2017. Thank you. :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Glad I'm not the only one misbehaving @KevinPotts - enjoy your Christmas!

Reactions: KevinPotts

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Me too. :D :D :D
Well, life can be short. Even shorter when miserable, eh?

I read somewhere happy, jolly people live longer than unhappy ones.
Joy to the world!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope everyone has had a great day!
Surfing net as my fav past-time now. Found some new books which I've downloaded for bedtime reading (yawn proof ones saved for possible waiting around days).
I'm looking forward to 2017 and changes which are going to benefit me and my family. :) :) :)