FINALLY GETTING A PUMP

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Somehow i finally got the courage to ask my nurse about pumps and i had a prepump assesment in the beginning of january. Also im starting on it next month on feb 10th. SOOOOO EXICTED!!!!!!
Its quite weird how people told me it might take like 3 month in total but im getting it in a few weeks time so my process took around a month
How long did your process take?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
From when I first really really started begging for one it was a few months - I think I asked in the spring, then my team applied for funding in the July, and I started pumping mid October that year.

My life now is unrecognisably amazeballs!

:happy::happy::happy:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
wow !!! that is fab news - really pleased for you!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cellnovo and i decided on this pump due to it being tubeless and all the past problems have been fixed

Cool :) Do let us know how you get on with it. Not so many people have that pump so your views will be very helpful.

I realised I forgot to answer your question! I think it was approx two months from approval to me getting my pump.

SusieJP15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
@IceLover - Glad to hear you got yours sorted so quickly. I asked about going on it last year and the next thing I received was a letter from my hospital saying 'sorry you missed your appointment'! They hadn't actually sent me a letter asking me to attend the first meeting so wasn't a great start. Nevertheless I have asked again about it (Nov 2016) and am back on the list to have my assessment. Hopefully this time they will actually send me the letter! Good luck with yours, I'm excited to get mine one day
XOXO

Reactions: noblehead

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have suchh bad luck as the start has been delayed to a month later :(

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
I've just been told that I could be getting mine next week! I'm getting the omnipod :)
Also I've never heard of the cellnovo but looks pretty good too!

pearceam

i have suchh bad luck as the start has been delayed to a month later :(

It's horrid waiting! I've been waiting since June!! The big day is hopefully Monday next week.

Time will fly past for you I'm sure, keep everything crossed you won't e delayed further.