What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Despite having fasted all day I wasn't particularly hungry this evening (bit of a weird day) so I didn't eat all my dinner but did have some blueberries and raspberries mid evening. I'm just about to go to bed and my BG is 4.6.
... And woke up to 6.7 :(

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Nothing to post today. Had my beautiful golden retriever put to sleep so i couldnt care less what i ate. Found rvitas with butter and strawberry jam strangely comforting :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing to post today. Had my beautiful golden retriever put to sleep so i couldnt care less what i ate. Found rvitas with butter and strawberry jam strangely comforting :)

Oh love. It breaks your heart. So sorry. Hug.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm getting there I hope 7.6 when I went to bed and 7.6 this morning - No latte though
And having waited until after the school run to have anything it went on rising 9.2 pre breakfast. Had breakfast now so it should reverse now. I really thought I was getting somewhere there with the morning figures.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

I'm so sorry about that - and a big hug from me, too. Us dog owners have to make some difficult decisions and I'm sure you did exactly the right thing. These furry friends really find their way in to the centre of our hearts. x

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
... And woke up to 6.7 :(
Now up to 6.9 - should turn in an hour or two and start going down if it follows the usual pattern - weird

So,

Breakfast: One brazil nut. Got a coughing fit while eating it
Lunch: Nowt
Dinner: its recipe for a sort of broccoli and cauliflower gratin with pancetta and a few tomatoes in it. I may also have some of yesterday's left over roast veg as the gratin thing is quite low in calories.
Supper: (If I remember to make it this time) will be sugar free jelly and possibly (calories allowing) some raspberries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And it's falling again. One thing I have noticed is that once I have breakfast by one hour after it is heading down quite rapidly and continues to do so. Lunch doesn't seem to have much effect but dinner is another weird one. It increases a bit (usually under 2 points) then again at the 1 hour mark starts to fall but slowly. 30 mins after the 2 hour mark it reverses again and increases. By less than 1 point though. Then another 30 mins (3 hours post food) it is well into the downward spiral and stays there until I get the pre bed increase. I am only noticing this because I am doing some serious testing just now. I don't get the post dinner 2 HR + temporary jump though. Doesn't worry me - it is just my logical mind looking for a reason.

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And the food for today

B. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and tblsp of cream. Black coffee and a dash of cream. 2 rashers streaky bacon.
L. Crackslaw (yesterday's leftovers)
D. Herby chicken breast and steamed greens (and a lot of them)
I have No. 2 grandson from 3pm and No. 1 after he finishes at after school club. Dinner for both and they are staying the night (Mum and Dad going out). I take them to school/pre school anyway so it will save me time in the morning and they are good boys at going to bed. Keeps me busy!

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And it's falling again. One thing I have noticed is that once I have breakfast by one hour after it is heading down quite rapidly and continues to do so. Lunch doesn't seem to have much effect but dinner is another weird one. It increases a bit (usually under 2 points) then again at the 1 hour mark starts to fall but slowly. 30 mins after the 2 hour mark it reverses again and increases. By less than 1 point though. Then another 30 mins (3 hours post food) it is well into the downward spiral and stays there until I get the pre bed increase. I am only noticing this because I am doing some serious testing just now. I don't get the post dinner 2 HR + temporary jump though. Doesn't worry me - it is just my logical mind looking for a reason.

I'm beginning to see a pattern. Now all I've got to do is work out how to change the pattern. Homemade chocolate truffle for breakfast may be the way forward - although Mr C thinks I'm seriously weird for even considering it.

Reactions: maglil55 and mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and yoghurt

L. Camambert and walnuts

45 minutes swimming

D. Slow cooker brisket, leeks, carrots and swede. 4 strawberries with yoghurt. :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm beginning to see a pattern. Now all I've got to do is work out how to change the pattern. Homemade chocolate truffle for breakfast may be the way forward - although Mr C thinks I'm seriously weird for even considering it.
I don't think it's weird at all.

I fed all my readings from the end of November into an App today and I've noticed if I don't eat at the right time my BG rises. Once I eat it starts to fall again. It looks like a liver dump if I don't supply the fuel. It's not a huge rise and it is very temporary but it still doesn't explain the other odd rise 2.5 hrs post food. The other thing that is obvious is there is a downward trend since the scary spike so although I'm not there yet the trend is visible.