Regular moderate exercise log

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Snapsy . Happy new year if I missed you a few weeks back.
Quite often find that the times I really can't be ar*ed to train I manage to have a great workout and achieve more than I could have possibly imagined.
Always feel really good after a workout that I wasn't looking forward to.
Sometimes the inspirational need inspiring. Well done @qe5rt

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HNY to you too, @therower !

You're right - the sessions we don't want to do end up being the most enjoyable - I loved those hill reps!

Gutted not to be doing parkrun tomorrow (working) but on Sunday I'm hoping to check out a nearish National Trust 'trust10' run which I read about this week - every fourth Sunday in the month they set out a 10km route - not timed, just distance-measured. Hoping to pop my first 10km cherry.... have only ever done 7.9km max before (not all running, neither.......).

We'll see! Let's hope the CBA-fairy is off-duty on Sunday, other I might need another kick up the you-know-what.

:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Snapsy . As I've said I'm no runner but I often go somewhere I've never been before with other forms of exercise.
A 1st 10k run..... you and I both know you'll do it. Run the first 7.9k as you know you can then run the last 2.1k because you're a big bad ass type 1 diabetic. Running 2.1k has gotta be a walk in the park compared to being T1 and all that entails.
Just make sure you give the non diabetic runners a chance.
If it doesn't hurt you won't feel that euphoria at the finish line.

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Managed my first 10k run today! It was a National Trust 'Trust10' run, measured but not timed or marshalled, at the very beautiful Polesden Lacey. It was uneven, frozen, very very very hilly terrain, and I flippin' LOVED it..........

This is a regular thing at some NT places - I happened to read about this one just last week when their 2017 handbook and local area newsletter arrived in the post.

I walked up most of the hills - but oh boy so did most people. Quite a challenge! Am telling myself it still counts as a '10k run' despite the walking bits..... please don't shatter my illusions!!! :D ;)

:happy::happy::happy:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi @Angelofthemarches recently you asked me about my regime, please find below:

Morning
Herbal drink (s) no food (sometimes sprinkling turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg)
20 minute HiiT walk (increasing pace to maximum) followed by (less the 5 minutes) Set 1 - 10 squats with 14 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 14 kg, 10 shoulder presses 14 kg, 20 calf raises 14 kg, 10 hamstring 14 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 2 - 10 squats with 16 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 16 kg, 10 shoulder presses 16 kg, 20 calf raises 16 kg,10 hamstring 16 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 3 - 10 squats with 18 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 18 kg, 10 shoulder presses 18 kg, 20 calf raises 18 kg, 10 hamstring 18 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg or

T25 (usually Cardio Alpha) or
45 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge or
45 minute Core Stability (at spa / gym) or
30 minute Shred Max (at spa / gym)

WORK

Breakfast circa 12.00

Afternoon
Herbal drink (s) / water
Either 20 minute HiiT walk (increasing pace to maximum) or
45 - 60 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge

WORK

Tae Bo (don't laugh, I know this is from the 90's but I have video edited down to 18 minutes of HiiT with no rest, which burns 300 cals for me)

Evening

Dinner somewhere between 17.00 - 18.30

Set 1 - 10 squats with 14 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 14 kg, 10 shoulder presses 14 kg, 20 calf raises 14 kg, 10 hamstring 14 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 2 - 10 squats with 16 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 16 kg, 10 shoulder presses 16 kg, 20 calf raises 16 kg, 10 hamstring 16 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 3 - 10 squats with 18 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 18 kg, 10 shoulder presses 18 kg, 20 calf raises 18 kg, 10 hamstring 18 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. or

45 - 60 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge or
Static cycle HiiT - 3 minute warm up, 30 seconds at maximum, slow for 1 minute x 3, warm down

3 or 4 nights a week just before bed, basic Karate moves (circa 3.5 minutes):
50 punches
50 inside blocks with punches
50 outside blocks with punches
50 upper blocks with punches
50 lower blocks with punches
120 front kicks

This is my general regime. Of course things get in the way, or I might swap a walk for a static cycle or limit. I now make sure I increase my pace on HiiT rather than spike my heart rate and warm down. Often I do my sessions at the gym, so that I can have a sauna or Jacuzzi afterwards. I used to do more, but was over doing it due to being on high carb (ignorance of LCHF). I eat twice a day now with no snacks as LCHF keeps me full so only 2 major insulin responses a day, on a 16 / 8 fast.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Down 2.5 kg and 1.5% of body fat, still about 4% body fat to go. Still managed to squeeze out a PR on the bench press last week. Tomorrow next bench press session and increased weight, closing in on my goals and basically bench pressing national record for reps. European record here i come :D

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know how you manage 45 minutes of HIIT @Mbaker i just did 15 minutes and i'm done.

Speaking of being on a diet i think our Duchess of fluffiness needs to go on one too, in just one year she's grown huge. The grey cat is already big (7,5 kg) and this is less than one year apart.

Ihasgrown.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy . What can I say????????
I knew you'd do it. As for the walking bits well that depends how you view things.
Is running just fast walking?
Or is walking just slow running?
In my opinion you just ran slower up the hills.;););)

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Hi @Angelofthemarches recently you asked me about my regime, please find below:

Morning
Herbal drink (s) no food (sometimes sprinkling turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg)
20 minute HiiT walk (increasing pace to maximum) followed by (less the 5 minutes) Set 1 - 10 squats with 14 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 14 kg, 10 shoulder presses 14 kg, 20 calf raises 14 kg, 10 hamstring 14 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 2 - 10 squats with 16 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 16 kg, 10 shoulder presses 16 kg, 20 calf raises 16 kg,10 hamstring 16 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 3 - 10 squats with 18 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 18 kg, 10 shoulder presses 18 kg, 20 calf raises 18 kg, 10 hamstring 18 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg or

T25 (usually Cardio Alpha) or
45 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge or
45 minute Core Stability (at spa / gym) or
30 minute Shred Max (at spa / gym)

WORK

Breakfast circa 12.00

Afternoon
Herbal drink (s) / water
45 - 60 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge

WORK

Tae Bo (don't laugh, I know this is from the 90's but I have video edited down to 18 minutes of HiiT with no rest, which burns 300 cals for me)

Evening

Dinner somewhere between 17.00 - 18.30

Set 1 - 10 squats with 14 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 14 kg, 10 shoulder presses 14 kg, 20 calf raises 14 kg, 10 hamstring 14 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 2 - 10 squats with 16 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 16 kg, 10 shoulder presses 16 kg, 20 calf raises 16 kg, 10 hamstring 16 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. Set 3 - 10 squats with 18 kg hand weights, 10 bicep curls 18 kg, 10 shoulder presses 18 kg, 20 calf raises 18 kg, 10 hamstring 18 kg, 10 bench presses 50 kg. or

45 - 60 minute HiiT (at 90% max) if doing a Fitbit challenge or
Static cycle HiiT - 3 minute warm up, 30 seconds at maximum, slow for 1 minute x 3, warm down

3 or 4 nights a week just before bed, basic Karate moves (circa 3.5 minutes):
50 punches
50 inside blocks with punches
50 outside blocks with punches
50 upper blocks with punches
50 lower blocks with punches
120 front kicks

This is my general regime. Of course things get in the way, or I might swap a walk for a static cycle or limit. I now make sure I increase my pace on HiiT rather than spike my heart rate and warm down. Often I do my sessions at the gym, so that I can have a sauna or Jacuzzi afterwards. I used to do more, but was over doing it due to being on high carb (ignorance of LCHF). I eat twice a day now with no snacks as LCHF keeps me full so only 2 major insulin responses a day, on a 16 / 8 fast.
Blimey

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't know how you manage 45 minutes of HIIT @Mbaker i just did 15 minutes and i'm done.

Speaking of being on a diet i think our Duchess of fluffiness needs to go on one too, in just one year she's grown huge. The grey cat is already big (7,5 kg) and this is less than one year apart.

View attachment 21688
This is walking, so easily done with practice, as I stay in the cardio range with a heart rate of circa 145.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

View attachment 21688
@qe5rt I saw this as just the one picture to start with - and nearly rang the Guinness Book of Records on your behalf - the cat in the top half of the picture is rather out of scale with the ones in the bottom half....... and then I realised it's two pictures! Doh!

They're beautiful, by the way!

:)

Reactions: qe5rt

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Mbaker . Impressive. Surprised you can find time to be diabetic as well.:):):):)
There's a lot of typing, but it is actually can be as little as an hour 10 minutes, most of which is fast walking. The Fitbit challenges bump this up to circa 2.5 - 3 hours.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Snapsy . What can I say????????
I knew you'd do it. As for the walking bits well that depends how you view things.
Is running just fast walking?
Or is walking just slow running?
In my opinion you just ran slower up the hills.;););)
Yeah, it's all 'running', @therower ! :p

Went to running club this morning (skipped the usual swimming though as I wanted a lie-in and a cuppa) and the pavements were so icy in town we went off piste for safety and ran round a local country park in the freezing fog. Our hair froze. We couldn't see more than a few metres - and it was amaaaaaazing! It didn't feel like the 6km it actually was.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:cool:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Mbaker . Impressive. Surprised you can find time to be diabetic as well.:):):):)
When I was in my 20's I used to train 3 hours a night so my regime now is mentally easier and it is spread out.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today an oddly disappointing workout i increased the weight as i was supposed to but in hind sight i was a bit too conservative. First set felt heavy and uncomfortable but once i got in the flow of things it went pretty easy. Guess i'll increase the weight again next week. Only benched 107,5 kg for doubles should have been 110 kg, i feel so bummed out right now. Also have to correct my previous statement that i'm benching the national record for reps, found another federation and the record there is much higher. So new goals: 153,5 kg. Though i'll settle for 140 kg :D It's a monster of a record.

Also my camera shy self (really, you'll be hard pressed to find a picture of me not several years old) has mustered up the courage to post a video of today's workout.