The ultimate keto diet - BACON!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have added the link to the page, and quoted exactly what he said.
He only ate ' the highest quality stuff I could find. It was pasture raised, antibiotic free, non-GMO and steroid free. '

So definitely not the processed cheap supermarket rubbish for a month.
And please do not try to confuse people by quoting what he eats now, when he is no longer living exclusively off bacon. Even he cannot afford the high quality stuff.

'Instead of having to get a loan to buy bacon, I now try to get thick cut bacon of whatever brand is on sale.'

Oddly enough, I agree with his favourite meal though.

'For health and longevity, I would say grilled or fried wild caught salmon with a bit of apple cider vinegar, himalayan salt and organic turmeric to absorb as much of the omega 3’s and DHA possible.'

She is a he called Dan Quibell and I have spoken to him... have you?

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
She is a he called Dan Quibell and I have spoken to him... have you?

I don't need to claim I spoke to him, the quotes are from a published interview, as linked to, which everyone can read for themselves.
Have you read it yet?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it good??
Yes. Delicious. And not too sweet, either. You wash the spices off at the end of the curing, so very little has actually penetrated the meat.

My lovely butcher had sliced the bacon slab (belly pork) into roasting slices, thinking he was being helpful, instead of leaving it as one huge slab. So the curing spices slightly overcured it (I would cure it for a shorter time next time). But I just soaked the bacon for a while before cooking, which sorted it right out. Much nicer than any bought bacon. And cheaper too.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have made this.....try including a sprig or two of rosemary (the herb, not West!) Into the curing mixture......sublime!

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
I'd never heard of this, but have now googled and found it.

I often have bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and a 1g carb sausage for my main meal or for lunch, with half a Lidl roll toasted and have amazing results afterwards. Prior to diagnosis and low carb I always felt guilty because of the fat content and the "heart attack on a plate" scenario. Now I have it without guilt and enjoy it far more.
Totally agree ! For years before discovering low carb also felt a bit guilty about the fry up breakfast. Now I THRIVE on them.