What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Traceyv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 11.9. High I know but I've just started insulin and it's coming down slowly until I get my dose right

chunterer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I feel for you and know where you are coming from with your high numbers

Wishing you well with the phone call ask if you can discuss face to face I'm sure they would accommodate you, it's worth a thought

I was off the Meter this time last year always 33.0 + or 'HI'

A switch in insulin and being better educated by going on a Dafne course plus cutting down on the enormous amounts of carbs I was eating with help from friends on here has transformed my fortunes

I was 6.5 this morning

Good luck and welcome

Thank you very much Cumberland for your advice and nice welcome.
I thought I would send you an update after my phone appointment with the Diabetic Nurse. She was very nice but doesn't have any home visit appointments until 27th March, so she is sending me some info so I can look at possibly having injections, looking at non insulin first. If she has any home visits available, I'll get it.
Sadly, my agoraphobia has stopped me attending the surgery for several years and the thought of it, brings on panic attacks.
Until the home visit, I am to stay on Metformin and Sitagliptin. Thanks again. xx

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Two E8 errors on my new meter this morning-looked them up and it said that the strip could not fill-although the meter beeps when the strip is full then and calculates BG reading. It beeped and looked like it was calculating both times. I decided that maybe I was dehydrated and so had my morning coffee and breakfast.

Further research directed me to push a button to eject used strips instead of just pulling them out of meter. I pushed the button and changed the strip disk and then I tested again and found that I was at 11.11 or 200 mg/dl. A little high but stress always brings my BG up. Will try again later.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thank you very much Cumberland for your advice and nice welcome.
I thought I would send you an update after my phone appointment with the Diabetic Nurse. She was very nice but doesn't have any home visit appointments until 27th March, so she is sending me some info so I can look at possibly having injections, looking at non insulin first. If she has any home visits available, I'll get it.
Sadly, my agoraphobia has stopped me attending the surgery for several years and the thought of it, brings on panic attacks.
Until the home visit, I am to stay on Metformin and Sitagliptin. Thanks again. xx
Best wishes @chunterer