Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

Lovely spelt bread and Stilton and broccoli soup .. homemade

Tonight aubergine and chickpea stew .. from my freezer , made in advance ..
Cauliflower rice with spices ..

Chovolate fridge cake .. don't let me make anymore until Easter :chicken::chicken::chicken:

K

Kat100

Usual breakfast ..

City walk with an unplanned Thai lunch with the rice served as a heart shape , just the right portion ..
The chef a lovely girl , makes all from scratch , so just delicious.. no ready made pastes etc ..

Tonight I have some thin piklets we shall have with melted cheese .. and an apple ..

I bought daffodils to , a very nice day :)

K

Kat100

Hello @PurpleArmadillo
All will sort its self out again ... :)
I can't advise on diet , because I do a mix of low and medium carbs , lower fats for me .. for most things , that could mean good fats .. if we are talking peanut butter , olive oil and coconut .. :)
Hugs and best wishes Kat xxx

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Usual for breakfast and lunch.

D: Lentil spag bol. I forgot to add my fake parmesan (nooch) until just now!

Snacks: Nuts, crackers with boursin.

I finally have a date for my CT scan now I'm feeling better, but I still need to wait another 3 weeks (time for me to deteriorate I suppose ). That's a total of 7 weeks for an urgent scan; much longer than last year.

I received an appointment to see my consultant in the same post: it's the day before the scan (not much use, so I'll have to reschedule it)

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
large banana, soya yoghurt, unsweetened, few green grapes, few roasted peanuts in their shells , small glass beetroot juice

shallots, garlic, red pepper, leek, chopped dark green red stemmed chard, fresh tofu, olive oil, water, with miso added at end, spoon of black rice noodles.
orange , salted pumpkin seeds

salad with red and green lettuce, red pepper, spring onions, grated carrot, tomato, hempseed oil, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of baked beans, grated almonds and hazelnuts . soya yoghurt with spoon of cranberry sauce sweetened with apple juice

2 corn cakes, tsp honey, red grapes, glass of unsweetened soya milk with unsweetened pure cranberry juice

unsweetened soya milk, goats milk, dried sheep milk in drinks tea, cocoa , etc

Last edited:
K

Kat100

Usual for breakfast and lunch.

D: Lentil spag bol. I forgot to add my fake parmesan (nooch) until just now!

Snacks: Nuts, crackers with boursin.

I finally have a date for my CT scan now I'm feeling better, but I still need to wait another 3 weeks (time for me to deteriorate I suppose ). That's a total of 7 weeks for an urgent scan; much longer than last year.

I received an appointment to see my consultant in the same post: it's the day before the scan (not much use, so I'll have to reschedule it)
I hope the scan comes through sooner @Ledzeptt thsts a while to wait yet ..x

K

Kat100

Tonight was good , a meal it was spinach , which I have problems with ..
The spinach was fresh and soft with tofu , mushrooms and peppers in a nice bit of soya sauce and rice ... fresh garlic ginger etc

I tried to make fudge fb recepie
Peanut butter
Coconut oil , vanilla
Almond milk
Sweetener

Well it didn't set :(

Lovely large dish , so I added more coconut oil , and a whole bar of Lindt .. almond milk , still didn't set ..to much there must of been of the almond milk , my first fudge attempt ..
Mixture now in freezer in muffin cases .. I will still enjoy .. the taste is good , just has to set x

K

Kat100

large banana, soya yoghurt, unsweetened, few green grapes, few roasted peanuts in their shells , small glass beetroot juice

shallots, garlic, red pepper, leek, chopped dark green red stemmed chard, fresh tofu, olive oil, water, with miso added at end, spoon of black rice noodles.
orange , salted pumpkin seeds

salad with red and green lettuce, red pepper, spring onions, grated carrot, tomato, hempseed oil, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of baked beans, grated almonds and hazelnuts . soya yoghurt with spoon of cranberry sauce sweetened with apple juice

2 corn cakes, tsp honey, red grapes, glass of unsweetened soya milk with unsweetened pure cranberry juice

unsweetened soya milk, goats milk, dried sheep milk in drinks tea, cocoa , etc
Sounds very nice , I feel a bit food full lol x
It's a Sunday thing I think x

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Thanks @Avocado Sevenfold. Tofu pud - worth trying, but Jamie's recipes seem to work out well for me too.

Hi @ann34+ That sounds good

@Kat100 Shame about your fudge, but good idea to freeze it.

Today:

B: Jamie's granola dust

L: Pub lunch with family - "fish n chips" - actually battered halloumi - very nice, authentically greasy (perhaps too much so)!

D: Bean & veg soup, practically 57 varieties - I chucked in a little of everything from the fridge :)

K

Kat100

Hello all friends .. :)

Tonight will be lentils and a nice Indian bread which I love ..
All the rest of today's menu is the normal for me
Porridge
Small roll cheese apple .. love those ..

Actually I am pleased the fudge went a bit wrong .. well not about the wasted ingredients
I was having problems digesting all the coconut fat .. no gall bladder ..etc ..
So I guess after a few times I was bound to have problems ..
I was never high fat .. so will have to think more low fat again .. I was much better then :)

I am loving the alpro ice cream and fresh strawberries at the moment .. :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am off work today so had a late breakfast of Linda Mac sausage sandwich.

Afternoon snack: 85% chocolate

Dinner: Planning cauli rice jambalaya with lots of roast veg and some Fry's polony mixed through it.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Usual breakfast.

L: Leftover soup

D: Tonight will be LM pie and mash (sticking with the pub theme) as I can't be bothered to cook real food :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

My menu is the same as yesterday ..

Tomorrow will be different x
Bit samey here too. All tasty though so can't complain.

B: golden milk

L: spinach, sriracha mayo, mixed seeds, hummus, piece of Tesco toast

D: leftover jambalaya