Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Reactions: Sable_Jan

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks @Avocado Sevenfold. Tofu pud - worth trying, but Jamie's recipes seem to work out well for me too.

Hi @ann34+ That sounds good

@Kat100 Shame about your fudge, but good idea to freeze it.

Today:

B: Jamie's granola dust

L: Pub lunch with family - "fish n chips" - actually battered halloumi - very nice, authentically greasy (perhaps too much so)!

D: Bean & veg soup, practically 57 varieties - I chucked in a little of everything from the fridge :)

Mmmmm I love battered Halloumi and usually make it often :)

Last edited:

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Today

B: Croissant & latte

L: Hummus salad sandwich & quorn cocktail sausages

D: About to cook Shepherd's pie with real shepherds - that's a lie - more quorn or maybe green lentils; decisions, decisions!

Question of the day: Does it matter if we call it Shepherd's or Cottage pie when there's neither beef or lamb?

Snack: Divine 70% chocolate with raspberries- very nice and not bad at 5g carbs for 4 squares.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Ledzeptt No shepherds? No cottages? What on earth is in this pie?

I had the same breakfast and lunch today.

Lazy dinner of Linda Mac quarter pounder with avocado and jalapenos on a Lidl roll. The burger did not contain any photographers of questionable singing talent at all. I feel robbed :bored:

S

Sable_Jan

Hi all :)

Just catching up. Been awol for a while! Chuckling at the courgettes and aubergines saga. Bizzarely enough here in darkest Northumberland we've had plenty of both, but on a couple of supermarket visits not a single tomato for sale!

I've been really struggling with low carbing. It's like once I let myself have a little treat the floodgates are opened. This week I'm on a huge effort to get back to where I was though. I've made a load of fat bombs again - cacao & brazil nut, and tonights dinner was baked eggs, tomatoes, onions, peppers & avocados.

Going to start making a seed porridge in the mornings. I've never been a breakfast person, but I'm still struggling with really high morning readings, and if I don't eat they just keep going up.

Just kind of fed up with everything right now. I've always been a huge foodie, and I love cooking and baking for the family. It was probably my biggest hobby tbh. I had a lot of enthusiasm at the start, and I naively imagined I'd somehow 'cure' this with diet. Now I can see that I'm going to be in this for the long haul I feel pretty dispirited.
Time to look up new recipes methinks. I have a splurge on new foods and at times it's easy but damned hard at others

S

Sable_Jan

Made turmeric paste today. Now know which ingredient in curry stains worktops.....
As there was paste I couldn't scrape out of pan easily I added a cup of milk to pan and had my first golden milk....added a bit of coconut blossom nectar .... it boiled so had to let it cool....
Interesting taste, best consumed quickly....but having said that, the may have been more than a heaped teaspoon of paste left in the pan.....
Breakfast was Greek style yoghurt, spoon of rhubarb & ginger preserve topped with granola/muesli mix. (I buy different types and flavours and mix 3 or 4 in a tub)
Cheesy scrambled egg after my golden milk for dinner. Tea will be pizza (thin & crispy of course)

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Made turmeric paste today. Now know which ingredient in curry stains worktops.....
When I made it, I was paranoid about not spilling it anywhere: it does look almost radioactive!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Egg on toast

L: Pea soup and bread roll

D: (Planned) Spanish omelette with kale (kale inside the omelette*) with salad

*It's Mrs LZ's recipe, please don't take offence if you're Spanish. It works very well and we were eating kale years before hipsters came along!

S

Sable_Jan

When I made it, I was paranoid about not spilling it anywhere: it does look almost radioactive!
I'm now paranoid about drinking it.....it had the unfortunate effect of (sorry if TMI) making my pee smell of curry all day. Any remedies would be gratefully received as I've two jars of the stuff sat in the fridge now and wondering what to do with it..... :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:.... I know the black pepper and turmeric and ginger could be beneficial with my arthritis as well as for insulin sensitivity and I DO want to give it a chance. All I can think of is parsley but I can't drink that with the milk

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'm now paranoid about drinking it.....it had the unfortunate effect of (sorry if TMI) making my pee smell of curry all day. Any remedies would be gratefully received as I've two jars of the stuff sat in the fridge now and wondering what to do with it..... :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:.... I know the black pepper and turmeric and ginger could be beneficial with my arthritis as well as for insulin sensitivity and I DO want to give it a chance. All I can think of is parsley but I can't drink that with the milk
Flush the loo and run away? That should help with this problem. (Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a plumber)

Other than that, plenty of water throughout the day and soldier on with the turmeric :cat:

K

Kat100

Today

B: Croissant & latte

L: Hummus salad sandwich & quorn cocktail sausages

D: About to cook Shepherd's pie with real shepherds - that's a lie - more quorn or maybe green lentils; decisions, decisions!

Question of the day: Does it matter if we call it Shepherd's or Cottage pie when there's neither beef or lamb?

Snack: Divine 70% chocolate with raspberries- very nice and not bad at 5g carbs for 4 squares.
Lovely menu x I say cottage pie becsuse I don't know the difference .. let's rename the pie lol x