Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

I'm now paranoid about drinking it.....it had the unfortunate effect of (sorry if TMI) making my pee smell of curry all day. Any remedies would be gratefully received as I've two jars of the stuff sat in the fridge now and wondering what to do with it..... :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:.... I know the black pepper and turmeric and ginger could be beneficial with my arthritis as well as for insulin sensitivity and I DO want to give it a chance. All I can think of is parsley but I can't drink that with the milk
lol it's so lovely .. perhaps your bodily fluids have to get used to it .. lol :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Tumeric capsules Holland and Barrett lol :D

Reactions: Sable_Jan
K

Kat100

Made turmeric paste today. Now know which ingredient in curry stains worktops.....
As there was paste I couldn't scrape out of pan easily I added a cup of milk to pan and had my first golden milk....added a bit of coconut blossom nectar .... it boiled so had to let it cool....
Interesting taste, best consumed quickly....but having said that, the may have been more than a heaped teaspoon of paste left in the pan.....
Breakfast was Greek style yoghurt, spoon of rhubarb & ginger preserve topped with granola/muesli mix. (I buy different types and flavours and mix 3 or 4 in a tub)
Cheesy scrambled egg after my golden milk for dinner. Tea will be pizza (thin & crispy of course)
Great .. jam x
Please try the cabbage with tumeric and coconut see what that does to you :)

K

Kat100

Usual breakfast ..
Nice coffee out :)

Nice Thai tofu curry out with a heart shaped portion of rice

Tonight having my first toasted hot cross bun of the year .. a treat day ..and some fruit ..
But I find it very hard having my main meal at lunch time x

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brunch - 2 LM sausages and onions on a Lidl roll

Dinner - 2 Taifun tofu grill sausages with stir fried onions, cabbage and shoyu.

A bit sausage heavy! But a pretty good day. Only snack was some cheese, which was pretty good considering we were out beachcombing and the OH had to stop at a shop and buy a chocolate bar!

Pleased to report that my morning levels are finally starting to come down. Still not great, but for the first few months of low carbing I was getting an average of 10 on waking. Now down to 8. Not sure it that's been 'dawn phenomenon', hormone madness (starting to get menopause symptoms) or a mix of both.

I'm planning to make this 'porridge' tomorrow. Has anyone tried it? I've done chia puddings, but not added the linseed before

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/judys-low-carb-porridge

Planning to use hazelnut milk (slightly higher carb but my favourite plant milk by far) and add a few strawberries

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch - 2 LM sausages and onions on a Lidl roll

Dinner - 2 Taifun tofu grill sausages with stir fried onions, cabbage and shoyu.

A bit sausage heavy! But a pretty good day. Only snack was some cheese, which was pretty good considering we were out beachcombing and the OH had to stop at a shop and buy a chocolate bar!

Pleased to report that my morning levels are finally starting to come down. Still not great, but for the first few months of low carbing I was getting an average of 10 on waking. Now down to 8. Not sure it that's been 'dawn phenomenon', hormone madness (starting to get menopause symptoms) or a mix of both.

I'm planning to make this 'porridge' tomorrow. Has anyone tried it? I've done chia puddings, but not added the linseed before

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/judys-low-carb-porridge

Planning to use hazelnut milk (slightly higher carb but my favourite plant milk by far) and add a few strawberries
That porridge looks good. I never think to look on the dietdoc site for recipes.

Have you tried the Taifun pizza-pizza filets? They are my favourites.

Well done on getting your morning levels down. I think these are the trickiest to tame :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'm neither BUT do love many of the veggie recipes posted ... AND I found out about golden milk which I might try as bedtime drink instead of at breakfast....
Recipe and explanation a few pages back.
And very welcome you are too (despite your funny smelling pee lol)

@coleyd I think most people here are. It's a lovely, friendly thread. If you decide to go back to veg*nism, this is the place to be :cat: