burgers

headshot11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just for those who liked a burger in a roll
get 2 of the giant mushrooms fry them in frylight both sides then fry a slice of frying steak put the steak inbetween the mushrooms with a slice of cheese and wayhey its a cheese burger
GET IN !!!!!!!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good evening @headshot11 my friend, my steak fits nicely in to a Lidl's Roll with a dab of English mustard and raw onion,but I will try your burger tomorrow,thanks for that:)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'd prefer the steak lightly fried with the sliced mushrooms and shallots, in a garlic butter to be honest.

Wouldn't you either have to let the mushrooms go cold, or burn your fingers as a burger?

Although, a real burger, (not a steak), a Lidl roll, sliced tomato, lettuce, onion, is very palatable.
(Yes, I do actually like Lidl rolls)

But would you spoil it with cheddar, or go for the original processed Kraft cheese?

Edit @wiseowl_123 just cross posted!

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good timing for this thread, I have a burger tonight with a Lidl roll, onions and cheese and salad. Will look into the mushroom option for next time.

Reactions: dbr10

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds nice @headshot11 :)

Burgers are actually quite quick to make and much cheaper (and nicer) than the shop bought ones, we use butchers shop mince and sometimes use a mixture of beef and pork mince just for a change.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this meal a lot - I love mushrooms and they are great as a bun - I eat a few more carbs than a lot here so if I have my burger in mushrooms means I can have a few sweet potato fries with it - I prefer the mushrooms to a bun anyway :)

Reactions: headshot11

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lamb mince with chilli and garlic makes a very tasty burger
CAROL

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These make fab burger buns too - esp with a smidge of mustard in the mix.
Very filling. I halve my burger intake when I use these buns.
http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/2-minute-low-carb-english-muffin/
english-muffin2-1-of-1.jpg

Reactions: headshot11

Donbon

Have just made these for hubby for breakfast for the first time (Fixing Dad week 1). We have been relatively low carb - but he's always had a soft spot for bread. Ok he said. I used coconut flour (since I had that in the cupboard (!!)) an they turned out ok. Crumbly and definitely peanutty (will try smooth almond butter, which I can make in vitamix, next time). Have ordered psyllium husks to try and make oopsies too. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Brunneria

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I always take my burgers sans bun and generally with a few chips with vinegar on them, try it ;)