Lchf study

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
The Noakes Foundation are looking for T2D who are using the LCHF diet for at least 6 months. I have signed up for this from the UK. I fill in a questionnaire, send them my blood results obtained from my GP and use Skype for communication. Here is a link for more information.

Attachments

• IMG_20170223_145603.jpg
    IMG_20170223_145603.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 196

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
No researcher said it's OK to do an interview online from the UK ref Christopher Webster

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema
M

ME_Valentijn

The link on the flyer goes to a URL which doesn't exist. Description of the research is at http://www.thenoakesfoundation.org/news/blog/recruiting-t2-diabetics-who-eat-a-lchf-diet-for-study

It's basically gathering preliminary data to get a better idea of how best to design a trial of LCHF.

*The Sports Science Institute of South Africa is located in Boundary Road, Newlands, Western Cape. Willing participants who live too far away can still participate via online surveys and telephonic interviews, without coming in to the Sports Science Institute.
So they'd like blood, but apparently don't need it from everyone.

By taking part you will help us design future studies in this field that will potentially improve the health and well-being of patients with type 2 diabetes. You will also receive a report of all results including dietary analysis, body measurements, blood pressure, and glucose, insulin and HbA1C blood concentrations. The risks and discomfort associated with taking part are small.
Some of that might be useful, but most of it is only going to be applicable to people who can go to the clinic in South Africa and give a blood sample.

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
I send my bloods to them and interview online via Skype I spoke with them last Friday they called me from SA

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
Just got my latest H1Ac 44 mmol/l from 53 pre lchf
Completed questionnaires for The Noakes Foundation study

Reactions: Indy51

jd58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low fat and carbs
Skype interview tonight for 1.5 hours with the Noakes research team :)