Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Do you know when you hear annoying people say, "Sometimes I just forget to eat." Aye so they do :blackeye: Well that was me today! Friend came round and I had a quick cup of almond milk then we went out for the day without breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was good though.
Stir fry - beansprouts, green beans, edamame beans, peppers, mushrooms, cashews and tofu.
Sauce for blobbing on top - ginger, garlic, chilli, lime juice, tomato puree, peanut butter, coconut cream.

stir_fry_2.jpg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: golden milk
L: salad, tofu pieces, garlic hummus, seeds (made the garlic hummus with a whole roasted bulb and it tastes very sweet, but in a good way)
D: leftover stir fry with the satay sauce

A couple of frolicking youngsters to celebrate the arrival of Spring!

Boo Youtube not working! Google calf and piglet video to see the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: decaf coffee and pecans

L: scrambled tofu and 2 LM sausages

D: mince and bean chilli, avocado, pickled jalapenos and chive yogurt in iceberg wraps

Bit of a change of routine today as I am on a 24 hour BP machine hence my Zen-like calm o_O:blackeye::angelic:

wrap.jpg

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Yesterday: nothing exciting as it was a work day, but I'm eating well this week.

B: Muesli

L: Hummus salad sandwich. Quorn cocktail sausages.

D: "Shepherdess" pie (quorn mince).

Snack: Almonds.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Egg on toast

L: LM sausage barm

D: Lentil spag bol

Snack: Pear with Alpro vanilla yoghurt (tasted like melted ice cream, yum!)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't posted in a while due to work and family commitments but hopefully more time to do so,
Breakfast, full fat yogurt and flax seed
Lunch, homemade veggie soup,
Dinner, asparagus and poached eggs, few strawberries and raspberries.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aw shucks. So much easier to take photos in natural light. First day of Spring today!

I told my daughter about the courgette van you saw and she told me Morrisons have another one in their fleet -

"Honk if you love rhubarb!" :joyful:

How often does one honk if one truly loves rhubarb?

When are you going to start blogging your culinary adventures Mrs Sevenfold?

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Muesli

L: Hummus on homemade bread (with caramelised onion)

D: Asparagus soup with more bread. Pasta with roast veg & beans. Raspberries and Alpro vanilla yoghurt.

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Same breakfast and lunch.

D: Savoury pancake & chips.

I've just tried my Alpro "ice cream", but it hasn't worked: the texture is just ice, hard and not soft at all. In addition, by being cold, most of the flavour has gone. (I removed it from the freezer for 10 mins before tasting.). I'll stick to yoghurt!

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

I've just tried my Alpro "ice cream", but it hasn't worked: the texture is just ice, hard and not soft at all. In addition, by being cold, most of the flavour has gone. (I removed it from the freezer for 10 mins before tasting.). I'll stick to yoghurt!
Shame, but thanks for testing for us...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Aawww! :( I had a google and it said that frozen yogurt gets more creamy the more sugar you add. I suppose "tastes like melted" is therefore good enough. Thanks for trying and reporting back :cat: