late diagnosis CF related diabetes

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Hi there,

I am a type 1 diabetic and also my daugther is type 1. However recently she was diagnosed with CF and her diabetes appears to be CF related diabetes which requires a different management all together. Are there any member here who have CFRD?

Love to hear from you!

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think CFRD could be 'Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes' but I'm not sure if there are other things referred to as that. This is why abbreviations can cause problems.
Hope @maria030660 will be back on line to confirm very soon :)

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@Energize In the absence of OP, I can confirm your correct translation of CFRD. It's use is actually widespread among the CF community, which in itself is relatively small.
In DCUK terms this will of course come under the auspices of Type 3 diabetes with both endocrine and exocrine dysfunction. Hope this is OK.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Energize In the absence of OP, I can confirm your correct translation of CFRD. It's use is actually widespread among the CF community, which in itself is relatively small.
In DCUK terms this will of course come under the auspices of Type 3 diabetes with both endocrine and exocrine dysfunction. Hope this is OK.
Thanks @Struma for confirming this.
However, I'm not able to help the OP, but hopefully helped clarify the issue ;)

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Hi everybody

Sorry it was unclear. It's cystic fibrosis related diabetes. I would love to hear your comments

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't help at all but I think @Tophat1900 might have cystic fibrosis.

I've tagged him above so he can confirm whether that's the case.

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not myself but I had a good friend with both CF and diabetes. Her treatment was very similar to mine as a type 1, she used a basal/bolus MDI treatment.

How old is your daughter? I can imagine it is quite a lot of work to cope with cf treatments as well as diabetes so I sympathise. I know my friend was often on steroids and this affected her bg levels. Overall she did very well with the diabetes.sorry I don't have more experience but wanted to share.x