Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

How often does one honk if one truly loves rhubarb?

When are you going to start blogging your culinary adventures Mrs Sevenfold?
I did think about this when I was first diagnosed as there was so little about low carb diabetic vegetarian and vegan on the internet, but now we have this place. Biggest diabetes forum in Europe or something so you can't get a bigger platform for saying that you don't need to give up your beliefs when you get diabetes and that low carb veg*n can control the condition. Plenty of lovely sub-forum members here to prove it too :cat:

I turned my potato patch in the garden into a rhubarb patch! :hungry:

Reactions: Ledzeptt

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did think about this when I was first diagnosed as there was so little about low carb diabetic vegetarian and vegan on the internet, but now we have this place. Biggest diabetes forum in Europe or something so you can't get a bigger platform for saying that you don't need to give up your beliefs when you get diabetes and that low carb veg*n can control the condition. Plenty of lovely sub-forum members here to prove it too :cat:

I turned my potato patch in the garden into a rhubarb patch! :hungry:

Shame. I would definitely subscribe if you ever decided to blog, and I'm an omnivore heathen.

I've recently planted a crown of rhubarb too, although right now it's in a massive tub (and I mean massive), pending a bit of a re-hash in the garden. It's going like crazy.

The chap who gave it to me tells me the initial crown goes back over 100 years in his family, so I'd best look after it. I was devastated to find one shouldn't take any harvest from a first year transplanted crown. :(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe The first year rule is torture, but worth it. Stay strong!

My concern is if I don't manage the re-hash before mid-late summer (there's ground works and a bit of hard core involved, to at least one new walkway involved), next season will also be a first year. That said, the crown I have been given was about 40cm across, before transplanting, so it can likely be divided again when it goes into the ground.

Hey ho. The local greengrocer sells locally sourced rhubarb, which they love, so it's usually very good, and tumbling in price at the moment. :)

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: Fry up. Managed to find black salt at last to add to tofu scramble. Just a pinch. It is not eggy, can't put my finger on it, but it definitely enhances the taste.

Dinner: Not quite sure what is in this as my daughter made the sauce - peanuts, tamari and sriracha I think. Cauli rice fried in coconut oil with the sauce, baby mushrooms and peas. Yummy.

cauli_satay.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

Brunch: Fry up. Managed to find black salt at last to add to tofu scramble. Just a pinch. It is not eggy, can't put my finger on it, but it definitely enhances the taste.

Dinner: Not quite sure what is in this as my daughter made the sauce - peanuts, tamari and sriracha I think. Cauli rice fried in coconut oil with the sauce, baby mushrooms and peas. Yummy.

cauli_satay.jpg
mmm, looks lovely....I was wondering what to do with my mushrooms for a change...
What's "black salt" please?

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Muesli

L: Egg on toast

D: Bean chilli and rice, except mine didn't contain any chillies! (We had a houseful and it was the easiest thing to make!)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Happy Mother's Day, veggie ladies. I hope your babies and furbabies are spoiling you :joyful:

My darlings gave me a bottle of gin made with Icelandic water. Low carb ;) Today I will be making pudding things.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I should potter about in my nightie making puddings every day!

Ground pecan base, Gary cheesecake with vegan lemon curd stirred through it, defrosted raspberries, whipped coconut cream, toasted desiccated coconut with ground ginger sprinkles.

cheesecake_cups.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

S

Sable_Jan

Happy Mother's Day, veggie ladies. I hope your babies and furbabies are spoiling you :joyful:

My darlings gave me a bottle of gin made with Icelandic water. Low carb ;) Today I will be making pudding things.
Thank you. My son sent me a text, eldest daughter sent me good wishes too and said she'd not ordered anything yet cos she forgot to ask what I wanted... she's too far away to pop round, and youngest brought me an awesome message in a card, two pots of pink mini roses and a big box of Milk tray!!
Non veggie breakfast
No lunch (still stuffed)
Tea: leek, broccoli, mushrooms cooking to be turned into pie.....top crust only. Maybe have with cabbage

S

Sable_Jan

Ground pecan base, Gary cheesecake with vegan lemon curd stirred through it, defrosted raspberries, whipped coconut cream, toasted desiccated coconut with ground ginger sprinkles.

cheesecake_cups.jpg
Sounds, and looks, divine

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)

L: Nut roast, roast potatoes etc

D: Pea soup and bread roll.

Snack: Hot cross bun.

K

Kat100

cheesecake_cups.jpg
These look fantastic x

K

Kat100

L: Nut roast, roast potatoes etc

D: Pea soup and bread roll.

Snack: Hot cross bun.
Hello Doris ;) @Ledzeptt
I have not dropped in for a while .
Much the same menus for me ..
I do intend to make a lentil chilli this week , I have sort of menu planned .. for the week lol
just had some alpro ice cream .. loved it ..
It was leeks in cheese sauce tonight ..
Hope you are getting better and better , it's horrid to be unwell ..
Glad you are able to eat a bit more and a bit more often .. Kat x

K

Kat100

Thank you. My son sent me a text, eldest daughter sent me good wishes too and said she'd not ordered anything yet cos she forgot to ask what I wanted... she's too far away to pop round, and youngest brought me an awesome message in a card, two pots of pink mini roses and a big box of Milk tray!!
Non veggie breakfast
No lunch (still stuffed)
Tea: leek, broccoli, mushrooms cooking to be turned into pie.....top crust only. Maybe have with cabbage
Gram flour I was going to suggest to you jam , I use with a beaten egg , and left over cooked veggies ..a few spices , turmeric included x

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Happy British summer time all veggie thread friends :)
Yay! Kat's back :)

Nothing exciting to report here. Normal golden milk, loaded salad, weekend leftovers for dinner, few brazil nuts. Still jetlagged from the clock change. Don't know how that happens, but I am knackered :dead: