Side STILL hurting!

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm sure you're all sick of me going on about this... I had a kidney infection a few months ago. It never really cleared and came back two weeks ago. I went doctors, got put on a three day course of antibiotics. Didn't work. Got put on another seven day course. Which ended today. The sick feeling has gone. But my right side still doesn't feel 100% right. I didn't end up going to the doctors because I thought it was getting better. But it's still slightly there!
Sorry for always going on about this guys...

Reactions: Freema

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Go to the doctors on Monday @Chloesnavy I bet you knew I'd say that but it makes sense. Even if it feels better, get it checked out anyway because else it's sure to start nibbling again like it's doing now.

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Go to the doctors on Monday @Chloesnavy I bet you knew I'd say that but it makes sense. Even if it feels better, get it checked out anyway because else it's sure to start nibbling again like it's doing now.

I'm definitely gonna go doctors (if I can get an appointment) but I was wondering if anyone on here might know what's wrong. I know I have built a resistance to some antibiotics, which is what I feel like has happened again. Yet the sickness has gone. I just don't know anymore. I want a new kidney lol

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm definitely gonna go doctors (if I can get an appointment) but I was wondering if anyone on here might know what's wrong. I know I have built a resistance to some antibiotics, which is what I feel like has happened again. Yet the sickness has gone. I just don't know anymore. I want a new kidney lol

I don't know but I do wonder if it's a muscle pull or something from being in pain. When I had a bad neck, I ended up having quite a severe problem with my back due to tense muscles. I didn't even realsie I was doing this. Even when I tried to,relax them, they were still tense.

That's one possibility.

When you go,to the doctors, perhaps take a urine specimen so they can check it's clear now? You could also ask if they can examine you and ask if there are any further kidney type tests they could do to make sure all's ok.

Reactions: Sibyl

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't know but I do wonder if it's a muscle pull or something from being in pain. When I had a bad neck, I ended up having quite a severe problem with my back due to tense muscles. I didn't even realsie I was doing this. Even when I tried to,relax them, they were still tense.

That's one possibility.

When you go,to the doctors, perhaps take a urine specimen so they can check it's clear now? You could also ask if they can examine you and ask if there are any further kidney type tests they could do to make sure all's ok.

Thank you. I'm hoping it's only that!

S

serenity648

But surely it would feel way more painful than this? Because what's confusing me is the sickness has completely gone, my side has got better but it still hasn't completely gone
It depends on whether it is getting inflamed and then getting better. Or it could be partially blocking the tube from your kidney to your bladder every so often, then shifts a bit and the pressure is relieved until the next time it shift. Or it could be bruising from kidney pressure. Only a doctor can tell. Usually with a scan.

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It depends on whether it is getting inflamed and then getting better. Or it could be partially blocking the tube from your kidney to your bladder every so often, then shifts a bit and the pressure is relieved until the next time it shift. Or it could be bruising from kidney pressure. Only a doctor can tell. Usually with a scan.

I'm just worried about not being able to get an appointment as it's a Monday tomorrow and my doctors suck haha. I'm gonna push it though. I've been on antibiotics now for over two weeks. Woke up feeling sick again today :| I'm gonna push for a scan.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I got a different take on this.. You may just have pulled a muscle?
Due to the pain & recent discomfort with the kidney stuff, you may have rested up awkward & contrary to how you "normally" sit or lye down in an effort to "compensate" the initial kidney pain??
This would affect usual "posture" hence why I theorise "a muscle."

Just a wild guess!

But you still need to see yer doctor..

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going doctors tomorrow so hopefully they'll find out what's going on
Happy to hear that. You don't want to have to pass one of those buggers. Thank god I didn't. Th epain was sporadic for me. Sometimes worse and sometimes better. That was the stone moving around.

Wondering if you eat a lot of spinach, nuts, animal protein? I was eating loads of spinach ( the worst food high in oxalate) and loads of nuts. I know follow a low oxalate diet which eliminates spinach and all dark leafies except kale, low nuts, low protein, low sodium. Drinking lemon water and staying hydrated. There are other foods that don't apply to my standard diet so I don't remember them but you can google high oxalate foods.