Addison's Disease

kieraw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 4 weeks of being unwell and 2 months of uncontrollable hypos (degludec dropped from 50 to 13 units) I'm being tested for Addison's disease after a low cortisol blood test.

Can anyone give me some info on what it's like living with both? I've only just got over having one lifelong condition and I'm very anxious it's going to complicate things further!

Thanks

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Kieraw hi don't know much about Addison's disease all i know its an adrenal gland deficiency and it's a long term condition i think but not sure it stops the body from producing two types of hormone the adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys but as I'm not a medical expert i think its best you wait until you see you're doctor again to get expert advice I'm sure they will sort it out please let us know how you get on all the best for now.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I have Addisons disease and recently diagnosed early LADA. The reason you would be getting hypos is because cortisol stabilizes blood sugars. When cortisol is low, blood sugars are low. My fasting sugar is always good...endo said because cortisol is always lowest in morning in Addisonians and keeps sugars down. I understand your concern in managing both conditions. I cant help you with as i am very early LADA but i will tag @Books1 and @carbsrock as i believe they have both conditions. I too will be interested in their response :)